New *PLANT* Game

Phoenix, AZ

I had an idea for a fun game that not only allows us to showcase something from our gardens, but increases plant knowledge too!

So...here's the rules:
1) Someone (I'll start) posts a picture of a plant from their own yard
2) It should be taken from an interesting angle, so you cannot just see the whole plant and identify it...so maybe part of the flower head, etc...but you have to include at least one of the following, either a petal, a leaf, a fruit, or the stem with your shot.
3) When someone guesses the correct name of the plant, it is their turn to post the next photo.
4) Be sure you can identify your own plant! (I think common or latin names are ok)

Sound fun? Let's play!

Here's the first photo.....
~Kim

Thumbnail by GothicGarden
Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Lion's ear?

Phoenix, AZ

Darn...that was fast, haha...I should have known it would go quickly when I saw you on here already miss Lynn, lol. But.....YES, you've got it right!

Your turn!

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

lol So I have to post a pic now huh? I'll have to go take one :)

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

OK, here it is

Thumbnail by azreno
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

Okay, this is a way neat game--glad you thought of it, Kim, even if I'm never gonna get to play!

I'm seeing lots of photo fodder for the next photo contest coming up--two great pictures already!

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Well, aren't you even gonna guess?!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

Ummm...... some sort of varigated corn plant?

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Nope, sorry, guess again :)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

See? Told ya I'm not so good at this...

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

I knew I should have put up the desert plant :(

Phoenix, AZ

Hmmm....is it a Ti plant?

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Nope, keep 'em coming!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Orange flash?

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

"fire flash" but I know you had the right plant marie. Chlorophytum fireflash

Your turn!!!!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks Lynn I have to go and see if I havesomething interesting to take a picture of. be back in a "flash"

Phoenix, AZ

LOL! Thats the one home Home Depot had a sign in front of it that said orange green plant....morons.

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

lol I remember that! I love this plant, have 3 of them.......2 were $1 from the dollar store :)

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Some one else can jump in I will be while.

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

I had 2 to choose from, here's the other.

Thumbnail by azreno
Phoenix, AZ

It looks like it's going to eat me :(

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Aw, come one now, you grow a lot of succulents!

Phoenix, AZ

Yeah, but I'm a newbie :(

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

And I'm not lol

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Marie, you put your pic up whenever you're ready and I'll let everyone know what this is. I've posted pics of it and a couple of us have it but not a lot may have seen it.

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

I think I got one of those from the swap and it's got a bloom stalk on it now. I can't remember the name of it though. Then again, maybe I dont't have what you have. lol It's rough textured.

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Smooth textured, rough edges, I don't think anyone has brought any to the swap though.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

manfreda something or another?

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

manfreda macho mocha!

Where's your picture Marie?

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I could not come up with one. Most of my yard is looking pretty dead at the moment :o(
(there is light at the end of the tunnel though with those daffs blooming)

Phoenix, AZ

I'll try one....

Thumbnail by Aguane

Naturtium??

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

Squash??? Watermelon????

Phoenix, AZ

Benny got it! Got a pic, Benny?

Wow!!!

Straight out of the bag! Nice one.

Okay, here y'all go!

Thumbnail by
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

I have no idea, Ben, but what a fun game!

Smiles, this is fun. I can't believe I got Susie's! It was the bit in the center of the leaf I recognized.

This one may be a challenge. I will give you a clue. This is brand new spring growth of a VERY common plant here i n Arizona.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Bougie?

Nope... There are many different varieties of this plant. This particular one is of a large bush nature but there is also a ground cover variety. They come in all sorts of different colours.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Lantana!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.