Has anybody used Spray & grow products

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Hi!
I got the reply back from Spray-N-Grow:
I asked:
"I would like to know if fertilizer should be added to the soil when setting out my transplants? Or is the application of Bill's Perfect Fertilizer all that is needed?"
Spray-N-Grows reply:
"I recommend that you use Spray-N-Grow by itself at planting, then start a regular program of Bill’s Perfect Fertilizer (& Spray-N-Grow) as a foliar feed. You can use the combination every 1-2 weeks.
The only reason I don’t use Bill’s ( or any fertilizer with NPK) at transplanting is because the plants are under stress and sometimes fertilizer, especially Nitrogen is a little hard on them until they have had time to get established in their new home. It only takes 5-7 days."

Sue☺

They naturally prefer that you use Bill's Perfect, but I think I saw someplace that any liquid fertilizer is OK.

Fish emulsion would smell bad, I use good old Miracle Grow Tomato for flowers and fruits..

Long ago they didn't say to use 'regular' fertilizer in with the Spray-N-Grow mix. I got fabulous results without. But the more the merrier in this case.

OH! I wish my camera hadn'd broken! There's a Snowy Egret by my corn looking for a grasshopper or Gecko! So stately beautiful!

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

I agree Molamola! The best way is to see what works best for each of us.

Sounds like a beautiful scene!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

WEll, we'll probably loose all our maters in the ground tonight and/or tomorrow night, calling for frost. and I have way too much out here to protect it all, easy enough to replant the maters, Never ending these days. I wish the weather was more predictable LOL

Raeford, NC

Molamola Thanks for the info I use a high blood pressure med that is a diuretic too so if I notice I don't feel good will get that checked.Do you remember the name. Hope your mother is alright now. deanna

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

I wonder if it would be OK to use the "Perfect Blend" (Bill's Perfect Fertilizer, Coco wet and Spray and Grow) with Messenger. Does anyone do this?

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I have put messenger in with mine. Messenger people say its fine.

I am doing a 'test', as this topic comes up once or twice a year. I too, have used spray and grow since before they had a nice web site and sold other things. I have some inpatients that I potted up sunday for a test.It will take at least three months if not more to test the bills, since the potting mix already is fortified with 2-3 months of fertilizer.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.