Tropical South Winter Blooms

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful pictures Randy, as always! Just love your garden!!!!!

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Thank you for such lovely pics...beautiful :*)

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Just beautiful......

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Hope there is a goody-box marked LouC somewhere.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Hey...what about MY goody box??? Randy - beautiful as always! I so envy your ability to make everything look easy! It is so obvious that your plants love you! Thanks for continuing to give my little darlins something to aspire to!

Wharton, TX(Zone 9a)

Hey Randy, It's good to know there is always something blooming in zone 9a. Great photos and I love the blue sky beyond.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Randy....can you send me a high res.version of that first photo to my civilian email?

Christi...flights confirmed.... am going to be in Maui Friday/Sat./Sunday so we will be able to drive Jenny nuts!!! i am staying with daughter jennifer on the otherside of the island...gotta play "tutu" too!!!

Can't wait!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh yay! This is gonna be sooo much fun.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Oh how I wish I could come too! You gals are going to have a blast!!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Maybe we will all just hop a plane and come to you!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Did you all catch what Christi said - she might just go to the Marshalls! Got a world traveller here - I say if you've got the suitcases bought, you might as well use them! I do so much hope you fall in love with the islands and their special magic.
Randy, dying to know your plans for the front yard...

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Got goody section for ya ...We may have to take cuttings of brugs as they just don't stay small very long. I've kept some stunted, but they've had enough of it and are growing through the bottom. LOL, the only way to take the pictures is to stand underneath them.
Okay Carol, will send the photo.
Oh boy..the front..I'm liking the pond idea -
I need to add interesting tid bits, stones and thin it out..it's all tall. Still plotting on what to do.

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

I was looking at your photo of clerodendrum sahelangi and thought, gee, that looks like my c. indicum. Turns out is apparently the same plant. Turks turban. I blooms it's head off here every year but I actually find the seeds more interesting than the blooms.
Jan...

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I feel another trip to Houston brewing. May just to stay overnight this time.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Randy....

Vireyas?

a huge Komodo Dragon made (by you) out of hypertufa?

Full sun?

Jamaican Dwarf Heliconia?

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Would that it was as easy as jumping on a plane! Not so, alas. But I will get you here eventually!

LOL, Shari - soon Christi will be island hopping!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

The pond sounds great, Randy!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Yeah, something in the front that gives more of a hint as to what can be found in the back. Maybe something waterfallish with those big fake boulders they sell at the home shows.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Love waterfalls! Thought of getting some small chicken wire, with cement type paper meche, and making one! They're a little pricey to buy! Saw one in a Houston nursery over off Hi 45, and I think it was over $500....maybe closer to $900. !

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Oh....well, let's go to Plan B then...

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Well, you can always do a bit at a time if you want that look. lol. I'm trying to think of other ideas and am not suceeding right now. lol

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

oh...no problem..I can make a waterfall without the fake stuff..I'll use real rocks and pond liner...I have a book..matter of fact that's how I built the rock walkway in the back garden...just read the book. was very cheap too.

Okay..Carol..this is what I get for popping in and out every few days..I'm back at work now - first day back...and checking email daily again...trying to figure out what your asking
Vireyas?

a huge Komodo Dragon made (by you) out of hypertufa?

Full sun?

Jamaican Dwarf Heliconia?

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Sometimes our conversational short cuts are like playing charades...but, I too am wondering about the Jamaican Dwarf Heliconia.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL!! Hi Shari...just on my way home now...

see ya

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Okay...but if you find out what this conversation is about, you absolutely MUST let me know! (grin)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

me too!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Just got in from work. Way too long hours for an old lady. Only 7 more days.
Leave home at 6:15 am get back at 7 PM. We must have checked in 2500 people at the desk where I am working. There are about 10 areas spread at the different doors for check-in. I'm so good that work swing for both the buyers and the exhibitors. hahahaha Really tired.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

and you do this for free!? I miss Market..do you get to go look around ?
I started my chicken soup today...the chicken will infuse slowly for tonight and tomorrow - vegies start adding on friday and serve saturday...

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

OOOhhhh, sounds so good! Sounds like poor worn out Christi could use some Chicken soup! Don't kill yourself sweetie! They won't appreciate it, and we would miss you horribly!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Jamaican Dwarf Heliconia...never gets taller than about 2 feet. Wonderful!!! What is so wierd about it?

Sorry...

Randy...recipe for Chicken Soup? My fave. Infuse? Do tell....can you put it in a new thread so I don't have to read all the posts looking for it...I am addled!!!! pated too!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Is that anything like sink a pated?? (when all thumbs DH plays plumber dude)

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Not weird..I was just out of touch with the thread..
I have the recipe ..you want me to dmail to you?

somethin like that Shari..!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm not Shari, but yes please.....to the recipe!

RJ, please post it so we can all have a go at the famous infused chicken soup! Sound delicious.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

okay..I put it in my blog...
http://davesgarden.com/community/blogs/t/rjuddharrison/7947/

chicken soup recipe...I made it up myself!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Ha, thanks a bunch Randy. Jeanne - I think his comment was in reference to my "sink a pated" bad joke.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I know, but he was talking to you about the recipe then i asked for it also.....

Thanks Randy for the recipe! I copied it to my DG recipe file!

This message was edited Jan 16, 2008 11:46 PM

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

here's those brug branches ..I picked up off the ground

wait..hey..look at that clean deck!

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

little orderly roots at the ends...

on my way to work...chat then..

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.