A NEW Day of Gratitude and Love

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Well, we just had SO MUCH Gratitude and Love to share that we were REALLY starting to get quite hard for those on dial up *lol*

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/798826/

This is an "anything goes" kind of thread. It really started out as showing off babies but it can be anything we all make it :)

Here is one of my summer favorites :) One of my special NOID'S :)

Thumbnail by kimskreations
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

That is sooooooo pretty, Kim! It is almost too hot to have daylilies down here. There are some kinds we can have if they don't need a dormant period.

Now! I have to go back and find a picture to show my gratitude!
Of course I don't have my pictures named but I know this is a Peridot........either Kitlope or another

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I've got to download some photos... not a gessie, but I have a couple of succulents blooming now that just startled me. I had no idea "mother of millions" even bloomed, let alone put up a stalk of dangling flowers like a little Crown Imperial!

Kim, I thought for sure you had Bubba in mind when you started on your list of blankets!

Susan, quick note on when to use a humidity dome (or plastic bag or whatever)... I go by the root system, or lack thereof. If you've a plant with few roots (or a leaf or crown cutting with no roots), the extra humidity keeps the plant nice and crisp while it develops a good root system.

More later... bed now. I thought I was getting better, but chest is really hurting again. This creeping crud ended up giving me pleurisy (inflammation of lung lining)... at least that's much better than pneumonia, which I officially don't have! I'll be fine, just whinging tonight.

Hope everybody else who have been sick are on the mend!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Critter, thanks for your explanation of the root system or lack of...........much better explanation...........

Hope you feel better.......it seems everyone I know either has or has had the 'crud'..........

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Kim- I love your Salmon Sunset you posted on the last thread! That's one I have looked at for sale somehwere, don't remember which one- I'm going to get that one!

Critter- Your mother-of-millions will also put on babies at the top of the bloom stalk if you leave it on long enough! It will make a 'wad' of them where the bloom were!

All this talk of the babies is making me anxious for those chirita leaves- can hardly wait!
I got desperate and clipped an AV leaf at work and brought it home- stuck it in a little vase of water to root.

I missed a lot of chatting this evening. I was babysitting the little grandson!

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Peridot....I'll have to look that up Gail as I don't think I have ever heard of one. It looks like it just wants to kiss me! What a wonderful picture of a beautiful plant!

Goodness Jill, I hope you feel better. Hubby has been sick for over 2 weeks now but is a stubborn mule and refuses to see the doctor and STILL work 50 hours a week. Such a dedicated man. He's starting to come out of it now thank goodness.

Diane, I'm going to do inventory on babies and see how many (if any) babies I have of Salmon Sunset. I'm also going to put down a leaf of it today in case it is one I missed back in October so even if I put down a leaf today, I should have some babies of it this spring.

$8.95 flat shipping with many plants in it is ALOT cheaper than any nursery and that's why I'm growing as many babies as I can to share with everyone :)

Can't believe it's 4:00 AM.....hurry up coffee!!

You ladies have a wonderful morning and I'm sure I'll be around when you all wake up *lol*

Davison, MI(Zone 5a)

wow, Kim, that couldn't possibly be the multiflora designated for little me could it? It's even blooming. I'm making an applique of it to put in my houseplant quilt today.

Your plants look great Kim. Early winter has been too busy for me to visit here. Missed alot.
Cindy

Ottawa, IL(Zone 9a)

did snowrose have to leave us? she was so smart with the plants, hate to lose her.
mrsbonnie

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Cindy........are you talking about the picture of the multiflora I posted on the thread from where this one continued that is full of buds? If so.....yes......that's your baby! I can't wait until it flowers, I will post an updated picture when the buds open :)
It's so cute!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I wish I knew where Snowrose was! I have dmailed her and emailed her with no response. Lou said she talked to her the first part of December and she said she didn't have a computer at the time.

I really miss her so much!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh, Jill, feel better! I thought you were well too. How is Mama doing? Is she one the mend? I bet her pain has subsided a lot!

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I don't have anything godd bloomin' right now, but I thought I'd share a photo I took yesterday, of my two "girls" who like to watch over my garden!

This is Skye and Remy... they and their brother Virgil keep me company through my long days at home.

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose
Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I don't have anything blooming. Darn I hate it when there tain't a bloom anywhere.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

All I have blooming now are three Amaryllis and a Cane Begonia...I don't know why my AVs are not blooming right now...maybe soon!

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

{{{{{{{{{{{Jill}}}}}}}}}}}} You take care of yourself.... Don't make me come up there ya hear????? LOL
All the flowers are just so beautiful... I have a dessert rose blooming and I have a begonia blooming.....
I love your kitties... I forgot with all the stuff going on here that I got a new baby for xmas... I always wanted a orange cat and when my sons dog got hit by car right before xmas I had to have her put to sleep at the pound as no vets were in town as they were in a meeting in Georgetown... So I seen this little orange kitty and I told him I would be back for him and I went and got him and he is such a joy.... I will take pictures of Fred later to show you all....
I am off to buy lights and timers..... I think my house gets to hot as my lights go out on there own... No heat mats but the wood stove is on and trust me IT IS HOT in this house....
Hugs and Love,
Susan

(Zone 1)

Oh ... What Beautiful Kitty Flowers, "Skye" & "Remy" - love them! I wish I could get decent pic's of my cats together when they are awake (which is rare!) We have 4 old gal's in our household right now.

LOL Makshi ... I still have a few "silk" flowers to look at when nothing alive is blooming!

Janet: Would love to see pic's of your Amaryllis & Begonias! Hey! Anything blooming is fair game this time of year!

Susan: Can't wait to see pic's of "Mr. Fred"!! I love kitties! Never met one I didn't like and want to bring home with me!

Critter: :( So sorry you are down with a "bug". I guess this is the time of year for it, huh? Sure hope you feel better soon! Sending bouquets of get well wishes your way!

Well, I'm off to run a few errands so have a great day everyone!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is the pink and white Amaryllis, I do not have a name...it is a rescued one from Kroger...LOL Very sweet though...I bought two of them and the other has a smaller flower and a secomd stalk coming up...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is the Begonia..it was a swap at the Georgia RU last Spring...very sweet pink flower and it is doing so well!

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh, I forgot about this Calla, I just cut the flower stalk down yesterday, it is a Green Goddess Calla, it was beautiful! It began growing and I brought it is when it got too cold outside and it bloomed this lovely bloom!

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Not a very good picture of Red Dragon, but the reds are just almost impossible to capture!

Thumbnail by JanetS
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I love pictures! Never met a flower i didn't think was pretty! I am chopping on Chiritas all day........... I may have to look hard to find a bloom but I will before the day is over.

I have a question for the computer people. I sent in a dmail pictures of some 'relatives' and the lady said that hackers can get in on Dave's site and get those pictures anytime they want. Is that true? My adult kids and I trade pictures all the time on the internet.
gail

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I have no idea...but I too have been concerned about that. I really worry about the "weirdos" getting pictures of my babies! I too had heard rumors that people would hijack your family pictures and use them for their own purposes.

(Zone 1)

Janet: Your photo's are stunning! I love Amaryllis and have a couple that I dug up and put in pots a few years ago ... none blooming at the moment. That first one (white & pink) is so delicate looking, very pretty and I too love that last one "Red Dragon"!! I've never heard of the Calla Lily Green Goddess and really like that one. I have some planted in my yard that come up every spring if not crowded out by other stuff. My Easter Lily's are poking their heads out of the soil already, which seems a bit early even here in Florida. I don't remember ever seeing them showing this early in the year.

Well, I'm off ... should have been out of here two hours ago but got to chatting on the phone and on DG!!

Have a great day!

(Zone 1)

Just saw your post Gail. The Internet is "open" to anyone and everyone! It's just as if you were posting "words" or "photo's" on a bulletin board for everyone to see! We have to be very careful in what we put in writing or pictures - there is always someone "watching" and "lurking" out there. We get so caught up in the friendship and it is easy to forget we aren't just sitting down and having a cup of coffee with our neighbor, family or friends. Strangers can read and see our postings too. Here on DG some of the forums as you know are only available to paid subscribers but some are open to the world.

Always be aware of your surroundings - in life ... and on line!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Well said, Lin! I have twenty something Amaryllis and as they bloom I will post them for you to enjoy! Have a great day. I am off for a while to connect my new computer...

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

20 Amaryllis..............lucky you Janet! Lin, I think I better be more careful in my dmails with pics!

I am so desperate for blooms ( could only find one good one in the house) I had to go on the front porch.......but I did find some surprises myself!

'Deer Trail' is still blooming and trailing!

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

My Jatrophas on the porch act like it is summer.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I just noticed that this lipstick plant is starting to bloom. As usual, I don't know her name though she is an ordinary one.

****edited to say I see Mealy bugs........

This message was edited Jan 3, 2008 3:50 PM

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

This big Crown of Thorns (Eurphorbia ?) has buds everywhere.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Plain old impatiens is still blooming everywhere (on the porch that is!)

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Dragon wing begonias never stop blooming.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

A cane begonia blooming white on the porch

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

This is simply a big pot of Ti and Syngonium to show you that the heaters are keeping the porch at 55 degrees....yeah!

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

This looks so insignificant but this is big news. Snowrose sent me 3 cuttings of this dwarf ruellia and it has never bloomed until today. The actual color is a deep deep pink purple. I have little pots all over the house from the original. Now I am going to try them outside and see if they bloom with the cooler weather.

I am going to go take a better picture as the foliage is as pretty as the bloom.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Here is a pic of the dwarf ruellia foliage under the lights on another ruellia

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

and now for a better pic of the bloom outside

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Wow, Gail, you have blooms everywhere! Love it! I just noticed your ZONE....I am jealous!

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

WOW, what an AWESOME day for pictures everyone!
SO beautiful!
Gail, I think your little orange flower above which you called a lipstick plant is a nematanthus and I THINK it's name might be Magnot :) VERY cute!
Janet, you also have some real stunners. GREAT pictures.
Karen....I'm not really a cat person but I'll take a stolon of each one of those :) What pretty cats!
Nothing new blooming here YET but another day or two. So off I go to cut some leaves or something *lol*

Need to make some hot cocoa first *lol*

Kim

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Kim, I think you are right because the leaves are shiny and fleshy........nematanthus has mealy bugs.........have to get the Bayer's Advanced Tree and Shrub out but it is supposed to freeze again and the soil in the basket is wet.........what do you all use for mealy bugs....they have just started on the plant...........

Janet, you don't want my electric bill for covering the front porch with poly. Last night it stayed 8 hours at 26 degrees and my brother even had to turn the water main to the farm off. I have two heaters going again today and tonight.......but then it should get better this weekend and get back to normal temps this time of the year.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks so much for everybody's hugs & well wishes! I'll be fine... it's just frustrating to still be knocked off my feet this week!

Susan, I'm so glad to hear you've got a little orange kitty of your own! Eliot (6 months old now) is such a delight... he and Blake (17) are both cuddled up next to me this afternoon. I think they're enjoying the electric blanket! Karen, that's such a great photo of your pair of kitties!

Jim made me go to the doctor again today since I was suddenly worse last night. So we know there's nothing going on except the flu & the lung inflammation, and they said just what I told him they'd say -- bed rest, keep taking the antibiotics, and push fluids. But at least I go to the doctor when he tells me to... I will remind him of that the next time he is sick! LOL

Beautiful blooms on this thread!!

I've got a couple of purties blooming now... have to see if I can get a photo of 'Rob's Love Bite' that really shows the velvety deep red of the blooms. This is the first time it's bloomed with more than one flower for me...

This message was edited Jan 3, 2008 5:21 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.