My kitchen is done!

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

Ok, it's not DONE, but this phase of it is done at least. I still want new countertops and a new sink, plus new flooring. BUT, the kitchen cabinets are finally UP!!

First, I scraped all of the popcorn off the ceiling and painted it. Then, for the cabinets, I TSP'd, I sanded medium, I sanded fine, then I primered twice. I did two coats of "Latte" then glazed them with "Mocha." Finally, I did 3 coats of Polycrylic, front and back. I started in October and finished at the end of Dec., so what I thought might be a 2, maybe 3 week project turned into 2.5 months, but hey, I'm happy with how it turned out. I did all the lowers first, then started on the uppers.

My microwave CONVENIENTLY broke while I was painting the uppers! I think my husband truly believed I did something to it, but I didn't. We will be getting a nice new, stainless micro soon and I can't WAIT! I also got a new light fixture that coordinates with the one in the dining room. :-)

So, tell me what you think!
Thanks for following along and for all the advice, I TRULY appreciate it!!!!!!!!

Robin ;-D

Thumbnail by robin_joey
This thread has 43 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!