Tall Bearded Seedlings - Possiblities #2

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Seedling 14
This one similar to another seedling I posted last year. Notice the falls are a lavender (not a white) with yellow veining.

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Seedling 15
This plicata has deep brown standards. I know it's a dark picture so it's hard to see.

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Santa Ynez, CA

Mitt how is it going?

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Seedling 16
Old and poor form but still unusual. Worth sharing I think. I call this my white flounced darkie. White flounces on any dark color is VERY RARE. There may be just one other????

This message was edited Jan 16, 2008 10:23 PM

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

I didn't submit many of these pics earlier because a lot of them are dark and harder to see.

Seedling 17
This plicata has a couple of nice pastel colors in the standards. To see these colors more clearly - click on it to see the larger image.

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

My favorites are #1, #7, and #17... but I like them all... s

South Hamilton, MA

The veining of #14 enhances the flower instead of detracting from it. I like #17. For someone who isn't thrilled with placatas you are doing a great job with them. Thrilled now? I hope to see your picture of #33 BB this yr. And may all your plants increase well. L

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Margie, Of this group I like #17 best. Number 9 is still my favorite. As always... great photography. I love your work.

Dan

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Hi Margie

#11 Nice would love to see it opened more
#12 Love the color ? Bloom sequence????
#13 Very Nice great color, pattern, robust looking very nice
#11 Diamond dusting is very apparent here I like it but would still want to see a more mature flower
#14 Nice love the brown veining
#15 NOW THIS IS A PLIC I COULD LOVE. Great color LOVE!!!! the standards as a contrast
#16 LOVE yes LOVE the spoons, not so much the flower
#17 Not as exciting as 15
:)
I hope these help
and I hope I am not being too critical
:)
Have a great day
Anita

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thank you to all of you for the feedback! Of course I never consider any feedback too critical, Anita. This is the exact reason I put them out there...........to be further evaluated.

To all of you: It's a pleasure to hear your thoughts.........because so often you all see things I may not.

And yes iris MA................I AM beginning to get excited about plicatas now. :-) And to think I was temped to just throw them all away when they first bloomed. I may even enjoy using them in my work this year!

~Margie

South Hamilton, MA

Don't forget the pastel plics in your plans. My plans still have snow on them.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Am finally getting back on track after a terribly busy time.

# 1 & #4 both stunning. Do hope they test well so you can register them. They are show stoppers.

I love to have a few ruffles in the garden.

inanda

South Hamilton, MA

Marge--I forgot to ask the height on both #l and Sky's the Limit.

(Zone 6a)

Hi Margie! As usual your seedlings are beautiful!
I really like #3, #4, #6, #7 and #11 ,have to say those are my favorites!
If you need any more name suggestions, I'd be glad to help!

Steven

This message was edited Feb 5, 2008 12:39 PM

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Margie, your seedlings make this poor-winter blinded Iowan tear up....

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

12 and 17 really stand out to me. Always enjoy your photos Margie.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thank you everyone for your input. I Do appreciate the comments and questions.

Iris MA - I did not measure #1 last year as it was maiden bloom and still maturing as a plant. However last year it was approximately 34-36 inches tall. Skies the Limit- grows to be 36-38 inches tall.

It is amazing how varied everyone's likes and (dislikes) are. It's all in the eye of the beholder. And don't you just love beholding them? :-0
~Margie

Hebron, KY

Margie,

I just can't wait to get my hands on your Irises in my garden! ;-)

Marilyn

edited for grammer ;-)

This message was edited Feb 3, 2008 5:35 PM

South Hamilton, MA

Marge--I asked the height because the 40+" height can be difficult with the ocean winds (we are 5 miles away). Very glad about the height as I really was interested in both plants. May sdlg. #l have a good 2nd yr. performance.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.