Have you all seen this!

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Jill, our Critter is in the spot light again, Did you take those pictures? They are beautiful! Love the first one that really caught my eye.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/393/?utm_source=nl_2007-12-10&utm_medium=email

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

And this! http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/364/

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm glad you're enjoying the articles! Yep, the photos are mine, and there are some real "eye candy" ones coming in tomorrow's article on the Chihuly exhibit at Phipp's Conservatory. Trying to get the layout looking nice on that article just gave me fits, so if it comes up looking wonky, please adjust the width of your browser window until it's pretty... thanks!

:-)

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Bravo, Jill! Fabulous job. It would be a thrill for me to one day have an article accepted by Dave's. (it would help to write and submt one..) You should be petty pleased.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

:-) I've been having a lot of fun writing these... as you can tell!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yea Critter, I've been really enjoying your articles and you do a wonderful job with the pictures, too. I'll be checking out the Chihuly exhibit.
Off topic, Can you suggest a couple of books on harvesting and using herbs? I did pick up one today but would like to get another for Ric for Christmas.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm still looking for a "favorite" book on that subject, myself! DeBaggio's "Big Book" has some info along those lines, but I like him more for culture information...

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Terrific articles and beautiful photos to enhance your write ups!!!

I especially enjoyed the Chihuly exhibit at the Phipp's Conservatory. What an incredible pairing of exotic plants and beautifully creative art work! I hope to plan a visit in the near future.

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Funny, I've passed up amaryllis for years but backed down and bought one (Red Lion) for the first time ever and started looking at the threads on this plant recently. And now your article came out. It must be an amaryllis revival?? Good writing, Critter!! And the pictures are really good!! Are all those plants yours? What about the holly bushes? Those berries really stand out.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Yep, my photos, my plants... thanks for the compliments! The holly in the thumbnail photo at the top of the article (the snow and blue sky photo) is my little tree. The other holly trees are all in my in-laws' yard in NC. Aren't they something?

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Critter does a great job on all these articles. By far the best written I've seen.

There's a large winterberry holly just weighed down with berries down the road. I really want to get some of those. They look so pretty with the bare branches covered in berries.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.