What a deal

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

A man near us had a small nursery business next to his house. Two years ago he had to move into a retirement home. His sister was left with the cleanup and is in her 70s. I stopped by and asked if the hoop-houses were for sale. We are now working a deal where I am helping her clean up her place for some of what she has and will pay for the other. She has an old barn with thousands of pots,flats and six-packs. She even has new skins for the houses. She will sell us everything for less then new price and she at least get something for it. She thought it was just going to go to waist, so it is a win, win situation.

She has two hoop-houses that are 84' X 12' and one that is 80' X 24'. I am setting one up for her plants that is 12' X 30 and we will take 12' X 138'. Then we are setting up 1/2 of the larger one for her citrus trees. and we will take the rest. We will only be able to set some of them up for now until we can acquire more land. As you can see the little hoophouse we set up last month is already full.

kenboy
www.vonrussellfarm.com

Thumbnail by kenboy
Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

What will be our new one.

Thumbnail by kenboy
Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Next

Thumbnail by kenboy
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Awesome find!

Red Oak, TX

Good deal Kenboy, I bet that you will have it full as soon as you get it finished. Thank's for the tip on gypsum and the Brug. hanging baskets.

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

Win-win is right. I think it's wonderful when things can be passed on from one enthusiast to another. It's likely to be a comfort for the person who's not able to pursue his greenhouse passion anymore, and definately for his sister. Good for you for stopping and asking, and making it all possible! Congratulations and have fun.
Sheri

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Very cool. And thanks for posting pictures.! I hope we will be updates.

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

I have spent three days just taking the one hoop-house down and fixing doors on the small one she is keeping. My wife, ( Maggi ) helped a little today and we made lots of progress. Then later when we got home she was saying she needs the new one at our house up now. Lots of plants that need to be steped up. I will get more pictures as soon as I can. I also want to show how we double wraped ours, it does make a differance.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.