Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: What a deal, 1 by kenboy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kenboy

Subject: What a deal

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What a deal
kenboy wrote:
A man near us had a small nursery business next to his house. Two years ago he had to move into a retirement home. His sister was left with the cleanup and is in her 70s. I stopped by and asked if the hoop-houses were for sale. We are now working a deal where I am helping her clean up her place for some of what she has and will pay for the other. She has an old barn with thousands of pots,flats and six-packs. She even has new skins for the houses. She will sell us everything for less then new price and she at least get something for it. She thought it was just going to go to waist, so it is a win, win situation.

She has two hoop-houses that are 84' X 12' and one that is 80' X 24'. I am setting one up for her plants that is 12' X 30 and we will take 12' X 138'. Then we are setting up 1/2 of the larger one for her citrus trees. and we will take the rest. We will only be able to set some of them up for now until we can acquire more land. As you can see the little hoophouse we set up last month is already full.

kenboy
http://www.vonrussellfarm.com