Happy Holidays AV BINGO the game continues!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Not enough hours in the day, no kidding! We just got back into town, and now I'm scrambling again, getting ready to leave. My mom is having back surgery, not exactly a great way to spend the holidays poor lady, but what a great gift if she can be rid of the pain she's been dealing with lately. I'm looking at the weather forecast and wondering if I need to try to leave a little earlier before the snow arrives... then again, taking the bus down the turnpike shouldn't be that big a deal with the 1 to 3 inches they're predicting.

OK, enough chatting on my part, I need to post a call! :-)

20. Lyon's Plum Pudding

Lyon's Plum Pudding (8250) 07/28/1995 (S. Sorano) Semidouble dark red-plum two-tone frilled star. Medium green, plain, pointed, serrated. Standard

Would you look at those blue ribbons! FC photo courtesy of Terry Studer.

Thumbnail by critterologist
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Bloom close-up. FC photo courtesy of Michaelene Johnson.

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Woohoo!!! Just one more!!!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I didn't have that one either. :(

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Critter,
Taking care of someone after back surgery just breaks your heart knowing how much pain they are in. She may feel like my son did through his two back surgeries.......which was anything (including the surgery) was better than the pain he was in before the surgery.

Good luck and keeping you and yours in our prayers.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Critt give you mom a hug for me. I know to well about back pain. I wish I could get rid of mine. Hope she does well.

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Critter - sure hope your Mom's surgery goes well. Back pain is truly awful.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

makshi,
what do they say is wrong with your back?

(Zone 1)

Critter: I too will keep good thoughts for your mom and keep her in my prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery! How far away does your mom live from you? I hope it isn't too far. I know the weather is bad in some areas, with icy roads. So, safe travels to you. Keep us posted on how she's doing.

I feel for anyone who has back pain. I have arthritis (runs in my family) and I know how miserable back pain can be. I am thankful I haven't had major pain as I know some people do. I get a lot of stiffness and at times some minor pain in my lower back and hips, but nothing compared to what some people suffer with, so I can't complain. My oldest sister was diagnosed last year with spinal stenosis in her neck and they haven't been able to do anything for her. She now goes to PT three times a week so hopefully that will help. She still works full time and sits in front of a computer and on the phone all day so that aggravates her neck big time.

Now ... back to Bingo - Lyon's Plum Pudding looks good enough to eat! I love the color of that bloom! I'm curious if any of y'all own some of these on the bingo list? I don't, but I've seen a few I wouldn't mind having!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts! I'm heading up tomorrow, taking the bus so somebody else can worry about the road conditions, LOL. Actually, the road should be fine, which is part of the reason I'm going tomorrow and not waiting for the weekend when conditions get snowy/icy. It's a little over 3 hours by car and about an hour longer by bus, not bad.

I'm taking my laptop with me, and I'm taking a wireless router to hook up to Dad's new high speed connection, so I should be back online by tomorrow night... but you all remember how well that plan worked out over Thanksgiving (not!), so if you don't hear from me right away please try to be patient! I will do my best to get a call posted before I head out, too. I don't want to post calls too close together, because I know people are too busy to check in all the time right now, and I think a bunch of folks are probably really close. :-)

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Getting close NOW!!!! I need three more...woo hoo...love Plum Pudding it is beautiful!

Take care Jill, and I am sure your Mama will be so gald to be done with her pain! I have surgery seven years ago on my cervical spine and it was the best thing I have done!
Janet

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

TGIF!!! With the "fluffy white" in the weekend forecast, this seemed like an appropriate draw when it came out of the hat!

14. Wrangler's Winter Holiday

Wrangler's Winter Holiday (W. Smith) Single white. Variegated green and white. Standard

FC photo courtesy of Joyce Meyers.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Stay safe, Critter in this bad weather you all are having.
gail

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Can you just call my last two now? :)

Take care and hope all goes well.

Gail I had polio as a very small child and have had back surgery (spinal fusions). My spine is shaped like an S and they had to inset bones to keep it from collapsing in.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL... I keep checking in "one more time" this morning because I am so sure somebody is going to yell "BINGO!"

Whoops, just realized I haven't updated that list at the top in a while... sure hope people have been keeping up! I guess I've been a little distracted. I'll do it now! :-)

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Good (late) morning everyone!

Wow! I can't believe someone hasn't "Bingo'd" yet!

I need two more myself!

Hope everyone is doing well! I sure miss chatting with everybody!

Karen

(Zone 1)

Getting Close!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Makshi,
I am so sorry to know that you have a fusion. That is what my son is trying to avoid the most. It really limits your movement and doesn't always relieve the pain. Thanks for telling me and that is a big bummer!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

B I N G O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL NOT REALLY...But I didn't want to disappoint Jill...she was waiting on someone to yell it, wasn't she....LOL

I truly need two more, but I bet there are folks that are looking for one by now....GOOD LUCK everyone!!!!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I believed you until I saw your name *lol*

(Zone 1)

hee hee, Janet ... Where have you been? I'm surprised you haven't hollered Bingo a few times already! LOL.

The next three or four days are gonna be fun! (Remember - I'm holding the cards, so I can see exactly where everyone stands in regards to who needs how many and which ones they need!)

I Love This Game! It's almost as much fun holding the cards as playing!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

LOL....time to keep everyone one their toes!

Drumheller, Alberta, Canada(Zone 3a)

I still need 2.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

me too

(Zone 1)

Hope Critter's Mom is doing well. I can't remember if she said what day her mom was scheduled for the surgery.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm here, and Mom is doing OK... surgery is scheduled for Monday. :-)

We need to find one more wire before we can install the new router! So tonight's call will have a description (I'm using Dad's computer) but no photo... if anybody has a copy of FC, please feel free to post a photo!

9. Suncoast Christmas Sparkler

Suncoast Christmas Sparkler (s. Williams) Double red large star / wide white edge. Variegated dard green, white and pink. Standard

(Zone 1)

I don't have FC and this is the only photo shown at the AVSA website: http://www.avsa.org/Photographs/SuncoastChristmasSparklerLrg.jpg#http://../Photographs/SuncoastChristmasSparklerLrg.jpg%23

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Just for fun, let's compare First Class and AVSA

****how funny, i think it is the same photo, Lin!

This message was edited Dec 15, 2007 6:42 PM

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Critter, I will keep your Mom in our prayers...Hope all goes well..
Hugs,
Susan

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Debbie Yeager's photo is stunning -- I love the edge on this one! Thanks to both of you for coming to my rescue with the photo posts. :-)

We did get a pretty good snow shower here today... we were happy to stay in this evening, grilling sandwich steaks over a crackling fire, putting twinkle lights and decorations on the Christmas tree! I'm glad I came up a couple of days ahead of time to help get things together and just to visit. :-)

We appreciate everybody's good wishes, and you know all of you are always in my prayers too!

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Bingo

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

jannich says she bingos..............where is someone??????? Lin?????? Critter??????
hope it is confirmed!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I can't confirm or deny... that's Lin's department!

Congratulations, Jannich! As soon as Lin confirms your win, take a look over the prize list and let me know which prize you'd like! Mom will be happy that she pulled a winner from the hat for somebody. :-)

(Zone 1)

Jannich - CONFIRMED BINGO! Congrats Jan!

North Augusta, ON

yayyy..our first winner!!

Congrats Jan!!!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

jannich,
I could not be any happier than if i had won myself......Now I can't wait to see what you choose as 1st place winner.

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Way to go jannich!!! Congratulations!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

WOO HOO!!! Way to go girl! congratulations!

(Zone 1)

How's everybody else doing? Everyone checking their cards closely against the call list that Critter is updating every day?

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I am sensing that maybe someone out there is not checking their cards closely enough?????????

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.