Happy Holidays AV BINGO the game continues!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

This is the continuation of the Happy Holidays AV BINGO game thread.

See the top of this thread for a description of the game and prizes: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/793435/.

The list of 35 choices for this game is here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=4201694

Thumbnail by critterologist
North Augusta, ON

BINGO!!!!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

This space reserved for a running list of the daily calls. I'll try to keep this reasonably up to date, but I'm not promising that every call will be posted here promptly, so check the posts to this thread for the very latest calls.

22. Victorian Angel
2. Guelph's Christmas
11. Festive Holiday
15. Santa's Kiss
18. Ness' Cranberry Lace

7. Christmas Candy-O
23. Perfect Angel
12. Holiday Lights
30. Peppermint Candy
32. Rebel's Gingham Elf

24. Angel Frost
21. The Littlest Angel
28. Candy Cane
3. Volkmann's Merry Christmas
5. Christmas Carol

27. Gingersnap
8. Kiwi Christmas Cheer
34. Gleeful Elf
16. Ivy Joy
31. Cinnamon Candy

10. Apache Holiday
19. Ness' Cranberry Swirl
17. Buckeye Cranberry Sparkler
33 Garnet Elf
6. Christmas Glitter

35. Jingle Bells
25. Ness' Angel Glitter
20. Lyon's Plum Pudding
14. Wrangler's Winter Holiday
9. Suncoast Christmas Sparkler

29. Buckeye Candy Sprinkles
13. Nortex's Holiday Haven
4. Rebel's Merry Christmas

THE GAME IS OVER. THE FINAL 2 CALLS WERE NOT NEEDED.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS! MERRY CHRISTMAS! HAPPY WINTER SOLSTICE!

This message was edited Dec 21, 2007 10:51 PM

North Augusta, ON

ooops

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

The photo at the top of this thread is not one of the calls from the list (sorry, 3G). But it's pretty!

Cinnamon Girl (7202) 10/21/1989 (S. Sorano) Semidouble rust-red star/white wavy edge. Variegated medium green and white, wavy/red back. Large

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Here's the first actual call on the new thread (I know you're ready for it!)

34. Gleeful Elf

Gleeful Elf (8761) 10/28/1998 (H. Pittman) Double dark blue/white edge. Dark green, plain. Miniature

FC photo courtesy of Nancy Braun.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Dang! wrong photo. That's what I get for not previewing. Don't panic... the call is right. I'll be back with the correct picture.

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Um, critter, you picked the wrong elf. LOL

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Heeeere's 'Gleeful Elf'

Photo credit Sady Garcia (First Class database photo).

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Still the wrong elf. Shouldn't that be GARNET elf?... Please?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Here's a closer look at the blooms on 'Gleeful Elf' (yes, I'm sure this time... "Gleeful" not "Garnet" LOL)

First Class photo courtesy of Barb Werness.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Just to be really clear... sorry... The call is 34. 'Gleeful Elf'. ('Garnet Elf' has not been called... posting the wrong photo doesn't count!)

Maybe Garnet will jump out of the hat next time for you, Diane. :-)

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Keeping my fingers crossed! However there are quite a few others that would work as well?! LOL

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

OK getting sappy and goofy here. Time for some sleep..

(Zone 1)

Congratulations Grandma Diane!! Oh how Wonderful! I am glad your DD and baby are doing well. I've never had children but have always heard that sometimes the first can be difficult especially since your DD is so young. But, it is a done deal now and the little one is here for Granny to spoil and love! Oh how I envy you. Can't wait to see that picture! And, tell us the details, boy, girl, weight, name etc! Babies are a gift of joy. All the best to the new parents and your entire family!

Now ... I love 'Gleeful Elf'. That's really a pretty mini AV, one I wouldn't mind having on my plant stand!

I've been keeping track of everyone's cards - interesting to see where y'all stand with the calls!

:)

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Goodness I haven't been able to be on the computer much lately and I sure have missed it! I just checked my card and I am up to 9 : ) I am loving seeing all of those Beautiful Blooms.Wish list is growing again!

Congrats on the new grandbaby Diane : )

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

What was the baby boy or girl did I miss where Diane said?

Critt take that one back also. Now call __ or __. Did you get the vibes?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Good morning! I read that post a couple of times, and I think Diane just said BABY! She's leaving us hanging! She knows we need all the stats! :-)

We can't see a photo of a pretty AV without wanting to know the name, whether it's a miniature or a standard, etc... how can we hear about a precious new grandbaby without wanting to know if she had a grandson or a granddaughter? not to mention that we need to hear about how big s/he is, whether s/he has any hair on his/her beautiful head, etc. That the baby is gorgeous and charming and amazing beyond words is a given! :-)

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

LOL, Isn't that the truth! WE NEED DETAILS!!!!

Jill, all three of the photos you posted were just beauties! I especially like the first one and Gleeful Elf, even though NOT on my card! It looks very "HAPPY"! LOL

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Quick post, then that's all from me probably until tomorrow...

16. Ivy Joy

Sorry, can't put my hands on the description, on my way out the door, but here's the photo...

Good luck!

FC photo courtesy of Cape Cod Violetry

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I am STUCK on nine..lol They came quickly and now nothing..isn't that the way it happens...or you have none and all of a sudden every call is on your list...good luck everyone! I know some of you are getting really close!

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Here's my grandSON- James Travis. Blond hair 8lb 5oz 20 1/2 inches long

Thumbnail by Dianesjungle
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Beautiful baby boy! Congratulations, and I hope your sweet daughter is doing well!

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

My beautiful daughter and handsome son-in-law with baby - who you can hardly see

Thumbnail by Dianesjungle
Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Thank you all! My sweet little girl did have a difficult time. She's a pretty small young lady and had a fairly large baby- she's only 5'4" and small built. SO glad it's over and baby is here. He is adorable and I'm very proud!

Drumheller, Alberta, Canada(Zone 3a)

Congradulations! What a wonderful looking family!

I am stuck at 8 on my vard.
Dawna

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Where are his clothes? The little family look adorable. I know you are all glad it is over with. CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU.

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Diane,
I am so happy for you and your family... They look great...Our DIL and Son are going to have one soon.. She is ready to POP. LOL... I wish all the good things for your family.
Hugs,
Susan

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Good blackmail picture to keep him in line as he grows older. :) I have one of my grandson that always tell him I am going to blow up and put on the front of the newpaper if he doesn't be good.

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Thank you Susan- and keep us posted about yours!

Yes Makshi, you hae no idea how glad I am it's over!

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

LOL! Yes I do have blackmail videos and pics of my kids that we have had to drag out when they bring home someone 'significant'! Oh the joys of parenthood! Now joys of grandparenthood!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I love babies. I really love babies that go home with their Moms. Nothing smells better than a new baby. Kind of like a new car. :)

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Oh Makshi, you're hilarious!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Thank you thank you. Here is something I did to my grandson when he was very small. His mom left him with me while she was out one day for a couple of hours. He had cradle cap (I am sure everyone knows what that is) and I decided to put some baby oil on his head to soften it up. Well I did and I wiped it off and off came all of his hair. My daughter came home and her mouth flew open. She said mom what did you do to my baby? When I explained it to her she smiled but she didn't leave him with me for a while. To this day we talk about grandma polishing off all of Jonathon's hair.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

That is a great story, Diane!! LOL I bet he looked like a little Mr. Clean! But he smelled wonderful!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

This is the latest news on Eunice/Starfly's brother Carl. I thought you would all like to know what is going on...please keep them in your prayers.

Quoting:
please pray for my family,there is so much anger going on, they are fighting over the drs.orders. 3 drs. called for a conference last night at 10.00pm last night.

they told us there was no hope , they said chemo hasn't helped, he is bleeding from everywhere blood can come out of, yesterday was a horrible day, I have wiped so much blood, I close my eyes and see blood.

They said there was no use in letting him go on like this,so they stopped everything and are just going to keep him comfortable till the end. Tell the ladies on DG thanks for all their careing and prayers,it has truly been appreciated.

My grandmother used to say, with every passing there is a new birth. Isn't that a wonderful way to accept death. We always think about someone somewhere welcoming a new baby into their lives when we loose someone we love.

Bless you Eunice as you and your family suffer yet another horrible loss this year. I pray that next year will bring you Joy and Happiness!!!

Janet

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Janet tell Eunice that I am praying for her and her family that they will have some measure of peace. If they could all just pull together it would be so much easier on them. This I know from experience. Eunice I am sending lot of hugs to you in my mind.

(Zone 1)

Thank you for the update, Janet. I will keep Eunice, Kerry and her brother Carl in my prayers. I hope Hospice has been contacted on their behalf. Hospice is a real blessing during difficult times like she is experiencing. We truly appreciated the loving care by the Hospice doctor, nurses and aides during the last days of my Mom and MIL's life.

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Prayers for peace to starfly, her family and prayers of ease for Carl. Grant grace and forgiveness for misunderstandings and conflicts with each other.

This message was edited Dec 7, 2007 7:52 PM

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I am very sorry to hear of your pain.. you and your family are in our prayers..
Hugs,
Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.