Seed ID? seeds from FL...

WayupNorth, MN(Zone 3a)

i have this horrible habit of picking up seds no matter where I am. I can't help myself.

Then I try to ID it and grow it or grow it and then ID it....either way...or not ever find an ID...[ some of them!]

It was near a bunch of very nice groomed trees-shrubs in Port St.Lucie

I am trying to ID this? any ideas?

Thumbnail by dreamingflowers
San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

It looks like Mountain Laurel. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/55062/

WayupNorth, MN(Zone 3a)

JMC- Thank you so much- you are correct. I looked at all the photos and they match- that's a big help. I appreciate it!

1 down about 40 to go...

WayupNorth, MN(Zone 3a)

Here's another one from Florida- they are cute toiny seeds- with orange tails. very odd looking but they were all over the sidewalks.

WayupNorth, MN(Zone 3a)

this is neat- too- not sure what it's from?

WayupNorth, MN(Zone 3a)

this prickly pod was on a dead branch at the church parking lot- i swear it looks like a brug? but I find it hard to beleive it would grow in MN? i have about 7 pods- different sizes and lots of seeds. any ideas?

Elmira, NY(Zone 6a)

That prickly podded one is a datura.

Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

One might be
Euonymus americana 'Bursting Heart'
The third one down from the top

WayupNorth, MN(Zone 3a)

Thanks for all your help. I thought the one might be Datura? I can't believe it would be growing in MN? I found it in a crack of cement- in a old church parking lot? Zone 3? unheard of? it was already dried up...

I will do more research on the Euonymus americana 'Bursting Heart'- sure could be it!

I appreciate the help- thank you- Merry Christmas!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

There are weedy Daturas that I think will grow as annuals pretty much anywhere in the country. My guess is it's one of those rather than one of the desireable ones.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.