New & Ready to Start

Ottawa, Canada

Hi
I am new to posting on Dave's Garden but have been reading the postings from behind the screen for about a year.
I would like to extend a big THANK-YOU to everyone who shares their knowledge and experiences on this site, it has been a great enjoyment to read and learn from people who have such passion for nature.
I started gardening just a couple of years ago and my husband says I am a "plantoholic" as I take in anything given to me, therefore most of my gardens include the invasive type of plant.
This year I am reading to start with some new plants of my own, by winter sowing.
I am hoping there are some generous gardeners out there who would have some extra seeds to share with a Northern gardener from Canada (Ottawa) Zone 4a.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Happy Gardening
wendy

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Wendy, what kind of seeds are you looking for. Let me know.
Kathy

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Wendy -- if you venture over to the Seed Trading Forum http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/trading/all/
there are always very generous folks will to send seeds for a SASE [self addressed stamped envelop]

if you are looking for a particular plant, just post if anyone has seeds.... You'll be surprised at the generosity.

I know this is a few weeks late .... but Welcome to Daves.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Welcome Wendy. I think you will enjoy being part of the DG family here. Everyone is more than happy to help when they can.

Anita

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Welcome to the Winter Sowing Forum! You'll find everyone very friendly and helpful. Be sure to ask a lot of questions and we'll do our best to answer them.

Winter sowing is about to begin!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Yes - and I can hardly wait! Welcome Wendy - you are going to like it here :-)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Welcome Wendy

Karen

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7b)

Welcome to you and do join in! Do check out the seed exchange, you'll be up to your er, ears in seeds and plants in next to now time and for your zone also!

Alameda, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi Wendy,

Just wanted to shout out a welcome. You will really love this. It's just as easy as pie, and you will indeed be up to your elbows in plants before you know it. (The most fun part is that, first your friends will all think you are crazy, and later they will all think you are a master gardener.)

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

Yeah Wendy, My friends already think I'm crazy, so what? I'm going to have lots of new plants in the spring and so will you! Welcome!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.