Newb here...

Hampton Roads, VA(Zone 7b)

Just wondering if y'all do the Round Ups and is this where I go to find that info? I'm looking forward to meeting up with other DGers in the area.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Welcome plantmover!

Yes, we do have round-ups. They usually happen in the Spring and/or Fall when the weather is nice, plus opportunities to meet fellow gardeners, plant trading, comraderie and sampling each others delicious food. Stay tuned because I'm sure another round-up will be forthcoming!

Wonderful--thanks Shirley!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Welcome Plantmover, You will love the Mid-Atlantic Group. All kinds of good info here. And a really great group of friends. Holly

Thank you, Holly--I'm excited to have found DG and look forward to getting plugged in!

BTW, I travel through York on my way to visit family (central PA). I love the rolling hills and farmland in that region. :)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Funny we go thru Newport News on our way to the Outer Banks. LOL Maybe we could get together for a lunch on one of our trips. Where does your family live?

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Welcome plantmover! There's been some talk of about an informal gathering sometime in February? Nothing definite yet, but I'm looking forward to it since I haven't had an opportunity yet to join in on all the fun :) I can't even find the thread where we were talking about a "tea party" - can someone help me, I'm lost! ;)

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Welcome, Plantmover, I think that there was a Swap in/near Chesapeake, VA - not far from you - back in late Summer(?). There's a thread around here about it ... Somewhere ...

Anyhoo, welcome, welcome!

Thank you for the warm welcome, Everyone! This is my first 'online community,' and now I understand why people enjoy these forums so much!

I'm gonna be on the lookout for details about the possible Feb gathering, and try to hunt down the Chesapeake details, even though it's over. Thanks rnc and wrightie!

Holly, my family lives about 20 miles from PSU and about 5 miles from Bellefonte. And you travel through NNews...lol. I know a great cafe/garden center here; plants and food...a great combo! So let me know when you're passing through. :)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

My husband and son are going down on Friday for a long weekend. My son is doing a job down there for a friend and my husband is going to help and take advantage of a free weekend at the beach. But I won't be going for quite some time. We usually get down a couple of times a year.

Chesapeake, VA

Hi plantmover. I am new around here too, and also live in Hampton Roads. I'm in Chesapeake. I only recently joined the forum but have gotten a lot of good information already.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi Newbies, I wanted to share this with you if you didn't see it. A few of us are
getting together for a small trip to Rawlings Conservatory in Baltimore. This link will take you to the thread. We would love it if it's not too far for you to come.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/788825/

This message was edited Dec 1, 2007 9:13 PM

Hello and welcome, cherryghost! Glad to hear there's a fellow DGer here in Hampton Roads.

I get over to Chesapeake occasionally, to shop Garden Ridge and Home Emporium for garden goodies. :) Perhaps we'll get to meet up at the (possible) Feb round up. I haven't gone to one yet, but they sure sound like fun.

Cherryghost, have you ever gone to the Virginia Home and Flower Show? I see it's coming up February 15-17 in Va Beach.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Welcome!

I guess it won't be entirely official until I start a thread (and it seems a bit early yet for that), but I've been talking about hosting a Groundhog's Day tea party and seed swap at my place. :-) We had a tea party in Feb. a couple years back that was great fun, despite a storm that kept some folks away... hopefully the weather will be more cooperative this time!

Thank you for the invite, HollyAnn. I would love to attend, but I've committed to baking cookies with my DD. But please keep me in mind for future; I do love a road trip, especially if the destination is anything plants. ;) Y'all have fun!

A Groundhog Day tea party--that's awesome, Critter. It may be some very nice weather if it continues to be exceptionally mild. Fun either way!

Crozet, VA

Welcome fellow Virginians. I find myself traveling your direction usually a time or two a year. A couple of months ago there was a group from Hampton Roads area that got together for a visit to The Norfolk Botanical Gardens. I missed it that time, but would like to try again if anyone wants to get together for one next year sometime. I believe they met for a tour and then went out to lunch together. I also think they did some plant swaps in the parking lot too. ha-ha

It seems that since I have been coming to Dave's Garden website and participating in the forums, this is where I am getting the most invites for social activities. I have had a lot of health issues going on this past year, but hope to be much healthier for 2008 and forth and able to attend many more of the get togethers.

This forum is a great place. I hope that you all will continue to participate.

Ruby

I would enjoy meeting up at the Norfolk Botanical Gardens (embarrassed to admit that I've never been), especially if we're swapping plants in the parking lot!

Praying you will have renewed health in the upcoming year, Ruby, and look forward to meeting you! ~plantmover

Crozet, VA

Thank you so much plantmover. I understand about never visiting there. I have been to your area on vacation more times than I can count and haven't been there either. It is kind of like me living right in the midst of a lot of historical attractions, and not visiting them other than going with elementary school class, a million years ago. ha-ha

I will look forward to meeting you also.

Ruby

Norfolk, VA

how's this for never being to Botanical Gardens.....I live less than 3 miles from there, but have never gone....i know very shameful:(:( hello to all my neighbors!!

lol...and yet we'll travel somewhere else to do a very similar activity--crazy!

Crozet, VA

True,true, true. But......in 2008 there will be at least 3 of us going. Are you in?

Ruby

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7b)

Hey guys, I've never been there either and I'm interested.

Crozet, VA

Wonderful, looking forward to meeting you doc. I will start a thread and ask that some folks who have visited there give us some ideas of the best times to go. it will give us something to look forward to.

Ruby

Good idea, Ruby, maybe we could ride share as well. I really don't like driving by myself for long distances anymore. sigh

Crozet, VA

Sounds good, and I was thinking the same thing. haha We will get it together. I just posted a request on here for folks who have visited gardens in the past to share their favorite times to go. That will give us an idea of when to start looking at going.

I'm psyched!!!

Ruby

Nice, Ruby--I'm stoked! =)

Way cool! Let's do it!

Strasburg, VA(Zone 6b)

hi plantmover,

i grew up in poquoson which isn't too far from you....i miss all of the water although i don't miss the flooding :0)

lynda

Right you are, lynda. One of my dear friends lives in Poq. We used to live on LAFB proper and could see Poq just across the Back River. We don't miss the flooding either!

We used to travel from Fredericksburg to Winchester on our way to PA, and the closer we got to the mountains, the more beautiful it was. Lovely countryside you've got!

Germantown, MD

Washington Gardener Mag is having their 3rd annual Seed Exchange - this time at Brookside - usual date of last Sat in Jan. I loved their last two -- even though I'm not a "seed head"- I learned so much, got greet goody bags, won a fabulous door prize (a Fiskars pruner I use all the time) and made some great contacts. Here is a link to their reg form:
http://www.washingtongardener.com/SEregform.pdf
I think more details due out soon - I hope so I'm anxious to find out who this year's speakers are.
If any of you will be there - please drop me a note and I'll have "Amy319" on my nametag.

Crozet, VA

Amy That looks like a really fun way to spend the day.

Ruby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.