Park's 35% Off Seed Sale on Now!

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Check out the Park's Site wide 35% off sale until November 19th....

http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10101&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&mainPage=gatepage&gate=1DollarSeed

And try to put in this code for another 15% off: 15PRKCPN

Not a bad deal!

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

NO, no, no, noooooooo - I can't go there! I'm drowning in seeds already!

But thanks for the heads-up ...... LOL!

PV

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

uh oh

their amaryllis bulbs are on sale

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Yep, I ordered from Parks several days ago. (Someone else too though I forget who...)

Karen

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh my. Everything was fine, until I accidentally wandered into the amaryllis section. I haven't looked at the total yet. x, Carrie

LOL I know. The amaryllis were very enticing, but I stayed away knowing that I have several dozen in the basement which have been ignored for the last several months! Poor orphans... I wonder what I can do to rescue them....

I hit the seeds pretty hard, though, and then went on to Renee's Seeds website and Specialty Perennials seeds. I really caught the seed 'bug' the other night....

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I skimmed through the seeds and bought a prepackaged amaryllis "gift" for my helper. $13.90 shipping - ouch! I compared that with going to Home Depot getting presumably an inferior bulb w/ no pot. Plus a bunch of seeds that I didn't need. I hope that bug isn't too contagious!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I wish they'd do different shipping minimum charges for seed-only orders. Generally, I don't order seeds from Parks unless I'm ordering stuff from them anyway -- it just isn't worth paying the freight to me, and I know I'll eventually place an order for "stuff" from them at some point! (I'd better place an order at some point... my mom really wants some of those polka dot plants again next year, and they turned out to be easy and fun to grow from seed!)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

(Going back to Park's to check out "polka dot plants"!)

Some nice DG poster said to call in your order and ask for the sale prices and tell them you didn't want to pay the steep online shipping...that's what they did....

I think someone should let Park's know--maybe on the Garden Watchdog site--that their shipping prices are way out of line....consumer clout, you know....

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

A surprising number of seed companies start their shipping charges at $5 or $6, even if you just want one little packet of seeds... That's one thing I like about Garden Store 'n More (free shipping), run by one of our own DG members (check the Classifieds) -- http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/788472/
(I don't know Tricia, but I've ordered seeds from her & been happy with them.)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I ordered an amaryllis, so i figured the shipping made sense - until I got TWO separate confirmations, with two separate shipping charges. That's why it was so high. Should I call and complain?

xx, C

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Yes. Call, and they'll straighten it out for you. Their customer service is generally pretty good at Park's.

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Park's has a "dollar sale" going on now. Seeds starting from 0.75. I found a bunch I needed, the above 15% off code works. Shipping for 12 packs of seeds was $3.95, not too bad, I thought.

Deb

That sounds good!

Here's the 99 cent seed sale link at Parks http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10101&catalogId=10101&mainPage=gatepage&RequestType=PageNumRequest&PageNumber=11&ListType=1DollarSeed&ListLocation=Main&gate=1DollarSeed&next.x=27&next.y=17

Looks like they have some unusual flowers and lots of veggies for sale--

A number of the flowers look good for hummingbird gardens-- pentemon and salvias, among others...

Alameda, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks for enabling, guys. -That was a lot of fun, for $15.00!

Glad we could oblige, Susan! I see you live in Alameda (where I lived many years ago) and I bet you have a pretty sunny garden to plant in! And so what did you buy?

I am looking over the seeds I purchased at Parks, Value seeds and from Renee's and think I'd better move to a bigger property!

Alameda, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi Tabasco,

Nice to meet a former Alamedan! Alas, no sunny garden for me; I have a really shady garden. -We live in one of the Victorian neighborhoods of central Alameda, and our house is on a corner lot surrounded by enormous 100+ year old street trees. To top it off, they are camphor trees, which are evergreen, so it's shady all year long! Our neighbors behind us have a row of huge acacia trees (which are also evergreen) so the backyard is shady too... (Sigh) O.K., it's time to remind myself that I have come to really enjoy shade gardening.

I have been trading all fall, so the seed box didn't really need any new friends moving in, but I couldn't resist that sale. I picked up:

Browallia, Skyblue bush violet
Calceolaria, Anytime blended mix
Cerinthe major var. Purpurescens, Kiwi Blue
Nasturtium, Alaska Gold
Viola, Bilbo Baggins
English daisy, Strawberries & Cream
Runner bean, Hestia
Tomatillo, Toma Verde
Viola, Blue Perfection
Digitalis, Pink Champagne

I can't wait til it's time to start planting!

Take care,
Susan

Oooh. I was hoping you lived in one of those older beauties! We lived in Bellina Village (sp?) when my husband was on the USS Ranger (many years ago!) and we would drive around and admire the old victorians. Later we lived for many years in SF. We spent lots of nights at the Acapulco Restaurant---is that still there?--kind of a sailor hangout, as I recall!

Your seed list is intriguing. I do not know cirinthe, browilla or calceolaria, but your collection sounds lovely. I can just see the foxglove in your garden on the corner!

Alameda, CA(Zone 9b)

Ballena Village, off of Central? Or then there's Marina Village, down by the Webster Street Tube... Yep, Acapulco's is still going strong and being run by the third generation of the original family. It's no longer a sailor hang-out, though. The base was closed in 1997, and the developers and politicians have been fighting over what to do with it ever since. Fortunately, Alameda voted in a charter measure in 1972 that doesn't allow the construction of multiple dwelling units. -It was a grassroots effort passed to keep developers from tearing down the Victorians to build apartment buildings. (An average of 15 houses a week were being torn down.) Anyways, if it stands, it will keep a bunch of high-rise condos from being jammed onto the end of our little island.

P.S. You read my mind; I am planning on planting the foxglove on the sideyard by the corner!

That wouldn't be so great (to have all those condos) but the navy does have the talent to pick some of the most scenic and beautiful real estate in the bay area and I'm sure the developers covet it!

We were in Ballena Village off Central near the naval air station. We also lived in an apartment out by the shopping center near the other end of the island along the beach (can't remember the street name). Very pretty area and lots of beautiful gardens there at that time 1972/74. It's probably quite different now.

I look forward to seeing some pictures of your flowers and garden! t.

Alameda, CA(Zone 9b)

You lived on Shoreline Dr. near the Southshore Shopping Center, which has been completely overhauled in the past year and renamed Alameda Towne Centre (Yucky name) We have a Trader Joes and a Bed and Bath there now -Yay! Otherwise, most of Alameda probably looks almost exactly like it did the day you left...

Yes, that's it, Shorline Drive. Very nice to have a Trader Joe's there. That would have been fun back in the dark ages when we lived there!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Great! I just spent another $27 on seeds - like I need more seeds. I am trying to justify it, by planning to wrap them up as a present to myself from "The Elves." lol

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Does that work at your house? x, C

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Of course! Don't the Elves bring you presents? Sheesh! I get presents from the Reindeer, the Dwarves, Gandalf, Frosty, . . . gee, just about everyone, including Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus. Oh, and My Dave gets me presents too.

Of course, they are not all expensive presents. Frosty usually gets me mitts or socks, for instance. Elves are very in-tune with nature, so naturally, they will give me seeds!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Boy, I get in trouble with DH if I were to presume that HE didn't know exactly what I wanted this and every year. x, C

LOL very funny! And great idea!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I give Santa a list of suggestions.

Karen

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Well, I just spent $20.00 on seeds!

If you are shopping for seeds now, someone mentioned on another thread that Specialty Perennials seeds has a 20% discount on seeds until January 1. Their link is:

http://www.hardyplants.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=SP

The main web page says: When you check out enter "2007" into the coupon box as you are checking out and click "redeem".

I like Specialty Perennial seeds for their variety and low prices. But a few people have found their customer service wanting...

I have been having a good time poring over the seeds I have purchased, collected, and traded for this fall...a part of gardening that is new to me, but a lot of fun! Nothing else is getting done around here...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.