Resort & Hotel Garden Design

Novato, CA

When choosing where to stay during a holiday vacation I find that I am highly influenced in my choices by the surrounding landscape that the hotel/ resort has planned.

Recently I visited the tropical island of Kauai and choose a hotel that was celebrated for its landscaping.

Last year I visited Indonesia and not only did we choose hotels and resorts that had great landscaping but we also made it a point to visit other hotel grounds that we were not spending the night at to visit and tour their gardens and grounds.

I think that some of the most inspiring gardens can be found at hotels, bed + breakfast inns and resorts.

Got a favorite garden or a garden vignette from a hotel, resort or B&B ?

This photo below was taken at the Grand Hyatt Resort in Kauai. They have some of the most extensive and beautiful landscaped grounds .

I have several garden shots of the Hyatt at my blog if any one is interested in seeing more of the gardens along with their koi ponds, swans and other exotic bird life.
The brillant red foliage traversing up the hillside behind the lower pool is a large drift of bromeliads.

Thumbnail by deviant_deziner
This thread has 51 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!