My Three Different Fig Trees.

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

As stated I have three distinctly different fig trees that are fruiting and each one is a couple of weeks after the first and so on. Thus giving us figs of three different times. I could not have planned it better but I did not plan it? Just dumb luck I guess as this is my first year with figs. Pictured here is an Italian Honey fig and it is really true to it's name. Sweet as honey and ever so moist. A real mouthful plus. At first the figs seemed dry and bland but after two weeks and into the next batch there was a big difference in taste. I almost replaced it!

Thumbnail by Tplant

This is a full shot of the honey fig. I grow most everything in containers.

Thumbnail by Tplant

This one is "Petite Negra" also a very delicious black fig. Tiny but exceptional taste. It seemed to melt in my mouth but a weird grower as my next picture will show. You can see that my birds also enjoy my figs. I don't mind sharing with them!

This message was edited Nov 11, 2007 8:07 PM

Thumbnail by Tplant

See what I mean? The branch to the right is really the youngest but it looks like it wants to go off on its own!

Thumbnail by Tplant

This one is a "Brown Turkey" and the last to fruit as they are still small and very few. Can't wait to taste this one. They were delicious store bought but tasting them ripened from the true is a far better taste experience.

Thumbnail by Tplant

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.