The FLOWERPOT Cafe' III - Join us for a cup of Flowers!

london England, United Kingdom

A nice collection I thought!

Thumbnail by terriculture

I made a couple of shakes!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Finally taking a break. Thanks for the shakes, they were yummy and low in calories too! Too bad I can't use any of your purple flowers in my wedding work. In my culture, it is the color of sadness!

Here's a pic of the bridesmaid's bouquet.

Thumbnail by karmaplace
Calvert City, KY(Zone 7a)

Karma, that is lovely!!
Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of them.

Oh Karma that is so beautiful! the roses are huge, do they have fragrance?and it's such a lovely shape. Thankyou!
I didn't know that about the purple flowers! I must be sad because I made some purple chairs too!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi everyone!! Wow, has this place been jumping or what. Karma, you are doing fantastic. The bouquet is to die for. I can't wait to see everything else.

Terri, did you leave any flowers at the store or buy them all. Looks like we are going to have lots of wonderful arrangements to see soon from both of you.

Sharran, where are the veggie pics?

Check out today's article on DG, you will see what I have spent the past few days playing with.

Veggie photos coming up......

Just for you Traci....
one veggie pix

Thumbnail by Sharran

and another..

Thumbnail by Sharran

and the last one for right now....

Thumbnail by Sharran

OOPS...guess strawberries are not veggies....but i sent one anyway.
good to see you Tracy. Missed you!!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Those are wonderful. The Strawberry is 3D!! The other two remind me of old magazine prints. I don't know if you know what I am talking about, but the artwork in the mags were had painted and printed. Many of the "pages" have become collector items, such as botanical mags, birds, trees. I have several of these and have seen the prints sell for well over $200 each. Anywho, the coloring reminds me of them, very lovely.

Why are they in Maryland. Not liking the weather where you are?

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Sharran, I agree with Traci. They look like old illustrations. You are so talented. Traci, nice to see you! Hope everything is well. . .no news is good news?

Thanks for all the kind words. ..the wedding flowers went really well. The bride was easy to please therefore was pretty happy about her flowers. Here is her bouquet of red roses, cymbidium orchids, seeded eucalyptus, and antique hydrangeas.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

Thanks, traci and karma...btw, karma, I love your wedding flowers...talk about talent!!!

Traci they are in Maryland because they were commissioned by a lady who wanted them for a gift for someone who has a farmer's market every spring, so the paintings will be displayed with the appropriate veggies/fruit at the farmer's market. I still have more to do, but wanted to go ahead and send about 10 of them to her so she would have some to give him at christmas.

I am still in awe of all the work with flowers.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Thanks Sharran. That's a different approach. . .displaying your paintings at a farmer's market. Hope you get some great sales that way. Do artists call them sales? Shows my ignorance regarding art.

Not my decision, Karma.....the lady bought them and is using them in that way. I would never have thought of that either......but she is a friend, so.......

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Oh, that's even better. She bought all of them. I thought you were sending them in to display and the produce shoppers would buy them.

Nope, I probably didn't explain it very well. She ordered about 50 of them, these are the first 10. the remaining will be done before summer market....

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Not you, I just can't read. . .lol.

Hi Sarran, Traci and Karma!
Love your paintings Sharran, are they watercolours? 50!! thats a lot of work for you, I'm sure they will do well at the famers market, such a good idea for the subject matter. Maybe I should do that with some florists!!!
Traci, Lovely to have you back in the cafe! I for one, have REALLY missed you! I've even made a special sushi for you to welcome you back. I'll bring it in later!!!!!
Karma,.....CONGRADULATIONS on another set of wedding designs, they are superb and I'm so happy to hear the bride was delighted with everything and that all your hard work went smoothly. Well done Sweetie pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Has anyone seen Belle?
I've missed you all, by the way!!!

Paintings are acrylic, terri.
thanks..

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Good to be back, Terri. I miss you guys and actually go through withdrawals. Karma, you did amazing work. I am soooo proud of you. If I were to get married again (NOT!!) I would want you to do my wedding.

Terri, SUSHI???

Oh, so you want KARMA to do your next wedding...........!!!!!!!!!!!!! no sushi now

Sharran, I'm 'showing off' my turnips, grown from seed by me for the very first time!!!!!! and they taste delicious mashed with my organically grown carrorts and loads of butter!!!!!!!

'The Turnip sister's' !!...

Verrrrrrrrry Coooooooool, Terri!!!!! Tres coool.......

Merci mon ami !!
I hope Traci's not sulking!!!!! I have her Sushi now . bon appetite mes ames!

De rien, ma petite......
Mais......Je suis une vegan.....Je n'aime pas le sushi! Je prefere les fleurs!!!

This is vegetarian sushi Shar, that is why those two 'friends' sneak the fishy sushi in when I'm not here!
In the old days they used to go back to the first cafe and hang about outside there, with their sushi!

OH Yay!!!!!! That's why I said I prefered the flowers!!!!! Would rather eat them than raw fishy stuff! Sorry, ladies.......just to each her own.

Didn't you know this is a vegetarian cafe? .... oh dear, thats the advertising dept for you!!!!
Have you tried our tasty kebabs? ....
What veggies are on your list to paint?

Awwwwwwww, love the kabobs.....lookin really good....drool, drool...

Veggies?? Well a variety of beans, kale, cucumber, raddish, green onions, squash, squash varieties, heirloom potatoes and tomatoes...just about any thing you can think of...eggplant....lots more.

But she has already purchased them, so they will be used at the market in some way. It is not a show for my work, just something she wanted to "class" up their market, I guess.

Comprendez??

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Hey guys, I just did a crazy but wonderful thing. I am going to do an online course for floral arrangement. It is my pre-divorce present to myself. I am sooo excited, even if I only learn how to hold my flowers up. lol. It is study at your own pace and looks like it will be pretty fun. Yipee!!

Good for you, Traci.....you will love it! glad to hear from you this morning, was hoping you were doing good things for yourself.
S

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Yep, I had my bad night and ready for a new day. Give a little splurge on myself.

Shar, do you know how to for lilies by any chance? I have so many and luckily didn't put them in the ground. They have been pre chilling for quite some time.

Thanks Darlin,
Traci

Si comprendez ! Well done selling them in a job lot like that! glad you enjoyed the kebabs.

Traci, good news with the floristry course, sounds like fun! make sure you let us join in, we can help with your 'homework'!!!!! I can't wait for the first project....... What topics does the course cover?
About your lilies, why not put them all in planters for now, until you know where they are going!

What kind of lilies Traci??? I took daughter shopping tonight, since she leaves tomorrow....so have been out on the town for awhile....so what kind of lilies?? I willprobably tell you the same thing as terri, but just to be sure.......

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Ornipet, Asiatic, LA's, OT's ummm...I have over 200 of them. I went coop crazy. I would just like to pot up a couple for myself. I think I have enough to spare. This doesn't include the spring ones I ordered.

Terry, here is our lesson plan. It is done with fakes, which I think is a wonderful idea, as I would go through $100's of dollars trying to do these with real flowers. lol.

http://www.pcdi.com/courses/fl/outline.html

Wow, Traci, it sounds like the fundamentals of Art......you will love this!!!
I hope you have an excellent teacher (s).

Hi Flowerpot cafe regulars!

Lesson plan .. it looks very thorough Traci, thanks for showing us in advance! we are going to be busy, when do we start? ! I don't know about artificial flowers in America, but here they are more expensive than real ones! It will be an exiting new project for next year, and this forum will be rocking if others join in too!!
eh Shar?

I bought a tropical bunch and arranged them for the cafe....using pinecones and feathers.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.