Sunny Disposition

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Maybe not so sunny...a little wacky in form, but blooming this morning!

It didn't bloom this spring (first year in the ground) and was I not expecting anything until next year so this was a pleasant surprise.....I see a big fat set of buds on another plant, have to wait and see who when it opens (tags all destroyed by neighbors cat within 2 days of planting)

Thumbnail by mrsj
Louisville, KY

Aaaah to be 3 zones higher.... No iris but I have a few Clematis blooming for the first time right now here in Kentucky though. Thanks for the photo of Sunny D!

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

mrsj, glad to see you have an iris bloomin'. Is it a rebloomer? How's your B'ville daddy?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Iris bloming in November is not what I am used to but I love it! This one didn't bloom this spring - I have to check growers website to see if it is supposed to be rebloomer.....

Mittsy - Dad doing good, he has agreed to abide by your advice and leave the mulch in the garage - if he really feels the "need" he'll spread some around in the perennial beds where it can't do damage!

He told me last nights forecast was for 20 degrees.....brrrrr!

edited to add - I checked and it is a rebloomer - also supposed to have a lovely fragrance (I'll go out and give it a sniff in the morning!)

This message was edited Nov 5, 2007 6:30 PM

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Nothing like an iris this late in the year to spice up your garden. Lovely.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

You bet! Here's Immortality blooming for the third time this year, second time in a month.

Thumbnail by pirl
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

That's a beauty pirl!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Thanks, mrsj. Anything that blooms in mid November is fine with me. We still have some dahlias in bloom, too.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I have to check in the morning...I had another iris getting ready to bloom before we left for Seattle last Thursday....its probably done, but there were quite a few buds.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.