Best container for gathering pecans?

Blanket, TX(Zone 7b)

Hello everyone,

We've moved to a house that has 4 pecan trees. One has already started dropping its nuts and the others will do so soon. I've gathered about 75 pounds so far and am running out of paper sacks - plus paper doesn't hold up very well. Does anyone have suggestions for the best container for gathering them in? Do you use peck baskets or burlap bags or something else?

Thanks in advance!

Tina

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

I use the big plastic buckets that drywall contractors throw away. Free and they hold about 5 gallons.

Blanket, TX(Zone 7b)

Oh, good idea. I'll start asking around and see if I can find someone who will save them for me. Thanks Farmerdill! :-)

Camanche, IA(Zone 5a)

Papapablo;
If you have a Wal$Mart close by you can ask the bakery to save them for you, When I get mine I give them a buck for two 5 gal plastic buckets, they put that money to the Children's Miracle Network so so every one come out ahead in the end. good luck
phil

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

Ditto here, 5gal paint buckets.

This message was edited Nov 15, 2007 12:30 AM

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

I've got one by my recliner so I can snack on them as I watch TV. LOL

Thumbnail by escambiaguy
Blanket, TX(Zone 7b)

19flip44 and escambiaguy, thanks for responding! I have one and will check with Walmart to get a few more. The other trees are starting to drop now so oh boy I will need them. Happy Thanksgiving!

Tina

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.