Some simple questions on starting a compost pile

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

So are you stalking me or am I stalking you? LOL

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

LOL!! I am not sure

Zolfo Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

I have spent the last hour reading this thread and find it very interesting and helpful for those of us that have never been in the composting business but would like to try it. I guess i already do cold composting as i throw all kitchen scrapes and leaves in the same pit. Guess in a couple of years i will have a compost pile. This thread is both educational and comical. I love it!!!

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

glad we have entertained you! Come back again and throw in your two cents worth :)

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7b)

It's just because zanymuse and sjweld are a couple of comedians, LOL! LeePerk, you already got the compost pile..now all you got to do is make it bigger!! LOL

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Eh hem.. Sorry, I know that this is a very serious subject. So I will try to be a bit mor decorus in my approach... or I would try if I were not such a rotten stinker that my DH threatens to put me into the compost pile since I'm already there and save him the trouble of importing other manure... But he change his mind when I reminded him that we need sweet smelling compost and fats and meat are not allowed...

Ah ha, mine makes similar noises, must be gender genetic..............LOL You hang with a lady into gardening, you either get with the program or life is no fun...........LOL Starch in the underwear is soooooooooooooo uncomfortable........evil grin

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

So so sorry! I too will try so very much to be serious for even just one moment......Oh, nope sorry just can't think of trying to snag the neighbors poo and be serious!! Zany, don't be surprised when I dmail you his phone number!! :)

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

OK, But you are paying the phone bill, I think it may be a huge one since I'll have to wait for the poor fellow to stop laughing long enough to answer me!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

OOPS, gotta sign off and actually work for a living... But I shall return after I get home from work... if you can call spending 6 of 8 hours playing online work... Shhh, don't let the boss man hear me say that :~P

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

Zany, they probably already know, most companies monitor internet usage, I know mine did, plus who you called on the phone, how long you talked, etc.

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

Zany, lets see...how can we do this. Oh, I know, I can call you and 3 way in my farmer neighbor. I could just stay quiet on the line. He'd never know!! LOL I don't know about you but I am sitting in my hobby room laughing right out loud. My 16 yo DS just walked by and gave me the oddest look. Then again he is used to his mom and knows I am a little "cracked". :)

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Well, I know they can monitor my usage and you know they can monitor my usage...but they had to send 4 of their "best" IT guys to even set me up with a company email address so I kinda doubt that they know they could monitor it!

So I figure as long as the job gets done all is fair in work or war...

sjweld, that could work... if you could keep from laughing and giving yourself away!

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

Ok, I have a question. DeCafe or Regular? Does it matter. Are all grounds good or is one type better than the other??

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

I don't think it matters as far as the compost goes but I understand that some of those worms are real caffine addicts... Ya don't want to get them addicted and then switch to decaff cause they might start an uprising and move to the nearest starbucks

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

lol ok, well I give them a mixture of both. More regular then decafe so sounds good!

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Switch 'em to green tea and really blow their little brains.... worms doing yoga in leg warmers....

and sitting cross-legged chanting Ooooooooohhhhmmmm

You got it! Figure they're already vegan....

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

I guess my worms are gonna be requesting a bong and some incense soon... I found five huge black sacks filled with used potting soil and since it smelled fairly clean I mixed it into my compost pile. Right in the center were a couple of dried plants with 'funny' leaves on them that kinda resemble hemp... and I don't think they were from a rope factory... but I figured they were just more leaves to compost so I dug them on into the pile.

I'm sure it is for sick worms, only.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL yea, they probably all have medical cards from the free clinic!

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

Gee, I've been a bit busy tonight and missed all this exciting chatter! Hmmm, wonder what I will have to feed my worms??? I'll have to do a good search of my DS's room. See what I can come up with?????

I'll have to be careful when I get the bags of grass from my neighbors, sweet smells come out of their house sometimes.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Aw,don't worry,the worms don't know weeds from weed...

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

lol Zany! So we can just toss it all in and if some "funny" things start to grow, we should just turn them back under to decompose some more?

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

That's my plan anyway :~)

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Inactive worms in leg warmers laughing hysterically about nothing, ought to be a clue...

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Personally I am hoping for worms with severe cases of the Marijuana munchies.

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Hadn't gone there - would this be in the same category as "seeding the compost"?
The downside is that they would eventually crash!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

If they crash they will be fine right there where they are. After all, ya never have to worry about burying a worm ;~}

I am shocked and appalled at y'all wanting to corrupt the innocence of those poor little worms! LOL Love the idea of leg warmers, I also thought about knitting them mittens, but it just takes so long to measure em....LOL Thinking about a bunch of 'stone' worms in the pile is cracking me up. Y'all are tooooooooooo bad! ROFL

Athens, PA(Zone 5b)

My worms had better not find out about this thread. They are "waco" enough on whatever is going on in my compost piles without being potheads too:>)))

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

Maybe I should talk to the police and see if I could be their dump site? I could have all kinds of junkie worms running around my pile!!

ROFLMAO! You are too funny and would probably get attention you might not want............LOL

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

doc, I suppose you are probably right there! Maybe I'd be best to not do that.

Hmmph. Chances are the only addiction your worms would get would be to jelly doughnuts and chewing tobacco. Blek.

Spitting worms. Ew.

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

we want pooping worms not spitting ones!!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Wiggle through that big pile son there's plenty there for everyone. Munch away enjoy the feast there's plenty for each wiggly beast. If your wiggle starts to feel like jello it will make you feel so mellow that you'll munch it all dear boy and bring Zanymuse much joy. But please don't forget to eat the seeds or she'll land in jail for growin' weed!

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

I think I'd better go check out my worms....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.