Happy birthday Ruby!!!!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I see from your note in another post it was yesterday but I hope you had a lovely day.

Sending you big birthday hugs!

Thumbnail by hart
Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hope you had a great B-Day Ruby and hope all your birthday wishes come true!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Happy BirthdayRuby!!
Grass seedheads in the rain

Thumbnail by sallyg
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday, Girl friend! Hope you had a great day and many more Birthdays to come.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Ruby,

I am late--but I wish you the best Birthday you ever had.

In case you missed the Poem I wrote this Spring--I would like to send it to you again for your Birthday. I changed the title from "Seasons" (too ho-hum) to "The Garden Wakes"--much more appropriate.

I know us Gardeners can all feel the same love in our hearts that I felt when I wrote this. There are just "moments" when I have to put my feelings into words.

For YOU! Happy Birthday!

The Garden Wakes…..
(Gita Veskimets-- April, 2007)

The Garden wakes--
It's breast heaves slowly.
With all its dormant strength
it takes a breath
and blows away the remnants of Winter.
And it feels renewed.

The Garden wakes--
It sighs at all yet to be done
and hopes of glorious things to come.
It drinks in the dew in the morning
and the rain of the night.
And its thirst is quenched.

The Garden wakes--
It wipes the sleep from its eyes
and is blinded
by all the glory and the color
that laid beneath the earth so long.
And it revels in things well done.

The Garden gives--
unselfishly--of all the bounty it has cradled
in it's loving arms;
And at days end
It rolls itself up in the green, green grass
And it rests.

The Garden sighs--
the burden now heavy on it's chest.
It gasps for cool air
and thirsts for refreshing rains and soothing nights
that now come so seldom--
and it tires of the effort.

The Garden struts--
It’s wondrous wardrobe of the Fall,
Lovingly embroidered with the colors of the setting Sun.
and feels that it was a job well done.
And before the golden yarns unravel from its cape,
It lays its head on the soft, fallen leaves—

The Garden sleeps.

Love, Gita

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ruby, Happy Happy Birthday hope your day has been great. Roses for you Ruby.
Gita, What a wonderful poem you have way with words.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Strasburg, VA(Zone 6b)

happy b-day :-)

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Ruby - we missed your birthday!!!!! Lucky expresses my sentiments exactly - what????? It should be easy for me to remember in the future since Rick's b-day is the day after yours - hoping you enjoyed your day {{{HUGS}}}

Thumbnail by rcn48
Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUBY!!!! If it was on the 25th that is the same day as my sisters birthday :) We are having cake for her tomorrow. We'll slice up a piece in your honor too! >>>>SMILES
edited to say...rcn that cat picture is a riot!
~Diana

my niece 'Diana'

This message was edited Oct 27, 2007 12:07 PM

Thumbnail by wind
Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Happy happy happy birthday week!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday, Ruby!!!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Ruby.....come out, come out, wherever you are! LOL We want to know what you did to celebrate your birthday!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Maybe she's still doing it?

Crozet, VA

Again, you guys are so cute. Hart, thank you so much for starting this and thank you so much Wind for D-maililng the link to it. Ha-ha, I would have missed it completely.

Thank you ALL for the well wishes. I am doing great. Since we were having rain on Thursday, the day of my birthday, I didn't leave the house. It wasn't until Saturday of last week that I left the place. I went to a family get together at a niece's home in Harrisonburg. That was lots of fun.

Older son called and wished me a happy birthday and once again cried "the ain't got no money blues" and said that a gift would be coming later. Younger son actually brought me home a pot of pretty white Mums that need to go in the ground. He also gave me a card.

John offered on Tuesday to go to Harper's so that I could pick out a bench from him. We didn't go on Tuesday and I was too tired after festivities at niece's to go on Saturday. I will be ordering the 2 benches that I want from Harper's one day this week and will drive there when they are ready to pick up.
Let's not kid ourselves, John will be driving to pick them up. ha-ha

I am out of Chanel #5 and will be buying a bottle of that for myself. I have a tendency for the month before and the month or so after my birthday, to buy myself gifts and call them as being BD present from self. ha-ha

I don't know, but for me I have celebrated 52 birthdays, so it is not quite as exciting as it used to be. ha-ha Year number 52 IS going to be a better year than 50 and 51. I am seeing to that!!!

I feel blessed to know all of you special people. That is a good present.

Ruby

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Ruby, glad you finally found "your" thread LOL Sounds like you had a good birthday 'weekend'. I especially like your "tendency" to prolong the celebration :) I'm just the opposite, I tend to buy something BEFORE my birthday and say it's for my birthday - get it out of the way early!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

ha ha- I'm also at the stage/place of splurging a little and calling it 'the birthday presents they Would getf for me if they were good shoppers, which they aren't"

Crozet, VA

Oh, rcn. I buy for a month or so before too. ha-ha Sally, once again you said something really cute. ha-ha You crack me up.

I really appreciate all the well wishes and want to thank each of you who posted here. Thanks Hart for beginning this thread.

Ya'll take care now, ya hear?

Ruby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.