The Enchanted Galapagos Islands

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Watched a great programme last night and for once did not feel enticed by DG. I was immersed in this account of life on these wonderful islands, but particularly the iguanas. Didn't realize there were two species, the land and the sea iguana. It is so hard to believe what animals do in order to produce and protect their young. I have watched many animals and their endurance but nothing so far beats the hazardous conditions and threats that this creature finds itself in. It was an incredible film but quite upsetting too.

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

i love watching anything about those islands, you know that's where darwin came up with his theories, because the animals were similar, but not quite the same, i think he was studying the finches. the tortoises are huge, were they on too?

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes, the tortoise were depicted in the film as were many others species that inhabit the islands but it was mainly about the iguanas and their struggle to exist.

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

it's wierd seeing the iguanas thrash about in the sea like that, i've seen documentaries with those lizards on before.

I remember watching the one David Attenborugh did on the islands, quite an interesting place, has life that is found no where else in the world, just on those tiny islands, and big George, the last tortoise of his kind.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Alan - it was the David Attenborough film but the narrative was done by an American this time. I dare not tell you how long it took for the giant turtles to mate and the noise they made....lol!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.