What's blooming today?

Fallston, MD(Zone 6b)

feels more like summer than fall! highs again today in the upper 80's and (oh please!) a chance of rain.

here is what's blooming for me today, starting with some of my many toad lilies.

this is tricyrtis sinonome

Thumbnail by kudrick
Fallston, MD(Zone 6b)

and my first bloom on tricyrtis snow fountain

Thumbnail by kudrick
Fallston, MD(Zone 6b)

and t. white towers is still showing it's stuff

Thumbnail by kudrick
Fallston, MD(Zone 6b)

corydalis 'berry exciting' is almost done, but still some pretty blooms

Thumbnail by kudrick
Fallston, MD(Zone 6b)

first flower on centaurea montana 'gold bulliion'

Thumbnail by kudrick
Fallston, MD(Zone 6b)

finally, my arum italicum is showing it's pretty face!

Thumbnail by kudrick
Fallston, MD(Zone 6b)

life in the bog is doing very well

Thumbnail by kudrick
Fallston, MD(Zone 6b)

and a mix: black eyed susan vine, aristolochia, banana palms, and some clematis.

Thumbnail by kudrick
Fallston, MD(Zone 6b)

the cascading oregano 'amethyst falls' is soooo beautiful!

Thumbnail by kudrick
Fallston, MD(Zone 6b)

and an oxalis triangulus (sp?) flanked by the newly opening cyclamen

Thumbnail by kudrick
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

beautiful!! your place looks cool and lush, I don't know how you managed that in the Mid Atlantic Ephemeral Desert!

Fallston, MD(Zone 6b)

despite the "drought", i water almost every day; it takes me an hour to do it!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Gorgeous!

Fallston, MD(Zone 6b)

thank you, thank you both!

some people get religion; i got GARDENING! about 3 yrs ago. i started with tropicals (i have a lot of palms) and just kept expanding!!

it's nice to be appreciated.

wow, you're doing well, imagine another three years, wow. you have some interesting different things. the sign in the bog is cute. thanks for posting.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Great pics Kudrick! I'm still "fighting" with my new camera but hoping I'll get it 'under control' soon and can post some pics. It's a new compact Nikon that I desperately wanted so I'd have a camera with me all the time to grab the photos I always used to miss when I had to carry around my "too big for the pocket" Olympus, but still struggling with the quality of the photos :(

Love your close up of 'Berry Exciting' - this Corydalis has been a great plant in our gardens this year - here's my lousy attempt to get a picture of it :(

Thumbnail by rcn48
Fallston, MD(Zone 6b)

sally, thanks. my husband, joe, dug the bog for me. it was a lot of work so i named the bog (and my biggest windmill palm) after him.

rc, your pic is good! i have a nikon digital camera; it's an oldie but a goodie.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

kudrick, thanks, but believe me the old Olympus took much better pictures :( DH has a Nikon SLR but I won't go near it - too darned complicated!

today, i'm getting my first ever tropicanna gold bloom. not bad for end of season clearnce. now if i could find the camera..here's plantfiles. i may not share this next spring but the yr after..!
.http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/60415/

also, salvia coccinea are nice this time of year. and have baby self sown mexican sun flowers but i doubt they can gro enuf before frost to bloom -frown-
and a tiny sprig of mona lavender plactranthus, with about four leaves total, has no roots in the water but still managed to open some buds and bloom on the windowsill.

This message was edited Oct 16, 2007 11:03 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.