Touring Jungle Heights, Rj's tropical garden.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

These gals are winding down now...nice long bloom.

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Theres a little face looking back at me!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Fairy angel with her attendant hold the back of her train on her gown.

Lovely.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Christi, I see it! So cute!

Great shots RJ!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

I see it too Christi! Beautiful RJ! I have one about to go into bloom that I will post when it does....very pretty. All you neighbors are so lucky! I have to travel thousands of miles to see my DG friends! But I sure am looking forward to it!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

neighbor is a relative word, sweetness. I, too, am excited. Rj are you ready?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

heheh..I'm ready...tis the season

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Just discovered that we were in error, and don't fly into Hobbie as previously stated, but Houston Int'l...Bush (?!). Hope this doesn't make things any more complicated than originally thought....

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Shari? You coming to Texas????

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Heyya Janet! I'm going down to Brownsville to spend Veteran's Day with my folks, then up to Colorado for Thanksgiving. I will be in Houston for one day. I wish it could be longer so I could visit everyone without hassel, but alas, not this time. Christi has given me the greatest gift by offering to come to Houston so I can actually get a wonderful LouC hug in person! I am stunned and honored by this wonderful lady! We are going to try to get over to meet RJ. As I said it is only one day....a mere handful of hours, but I am going to enjoy them more than the rest of my "vacation" which will be filled with family obligations, doctor visits and practical stuff. At least until on the way back to Kwaj, when we stop at the Big Island to see Carol...that will be fun too. DG has sure expanded my horizons!!

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

I do hope you can make it over to RJ's. You will be astounded at the Tropical Island he has there in Houston. I am jealous as all get out that you and Christi will get to meet. I wish I could be there also. Oh my, what fun we would all have visiting. I'm afraid you'd most likely be late getting to Brownsville though because we'd all lose track of time. DG has the best folks in the world!

You had better be bringing a parka with you. I saw on the news that I think it was Colorado is having a foot of snow already. So you'll get to have a White Thanksgiving. And then on to Hawaii to visit with Carol. What a lucky gal you are! I wish you many blessings all along your travels and much good weather. Be sure to take some photos of the folks you see to share with us.

Janet

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

No problem re IAH instead of HOU.

I didn't know that about snow in Colorado..have to call my brother in Colorado Springs...

Keep the cold fronts away from Texas!

Boy we had a heck of night with this storm...we had flights divert all over Texas, we're just now getting it cleaned up...

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

The snow would be a treat for us! Sorry you have a mess to deal with RJ!

No Janet - we are stopping in Houston on the way up to Colorado from Brownsville! ha Ha...much as I adore all the DGers, I can't miss Veteran's Day with my Dad.

Yep, I wish you could meet with us too! Gosh, we could have our own round-up! But its for such a short time, that I am astonished Christi and Mike are willing to make the trip - even though I know Texans don't think of that as all that far, it's still a lot of miles to me!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Getting exciting Shari...hope you will take lots of pictures of everyone so we can go along on your trip with you....

Beautiful orchids, RJ!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thankyou.

Janet and Connie are the best! My friends grew fond of you guys too!
Wait! let me refer to http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=4063486
hehehe...
Are you guys going to this next area rendezvous? I'll be working...

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

No, don't think so!

I've been repotting plants. Got two out of three trays done, and several of the ones that were in 1 gallon pots into three gallon. Still working on the project RJ!

Sorry you've been having such bad weather to deal with at work! Say hi to all in the neighborhood!

Jeanne

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good job! I actually got the green house cleaned out, now I just need to pressure wash and sanitize it inside and out..

Such is the nature of airlines..theres always a cloud somewhere!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh my gosh. I'm getting so excited. The airport change is fine. Actually closer to our part of the world than Hobbie. I must be one super, super lucky girl.

LouC

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Is she coming in from HNL on continental?

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Yes she is!☺☺

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

UniQueTreasures, yes I am right off Hwy 90..I grow anything that doesn't bite me first...mostly tropical stuff....and uncommon stuff as well...

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

hahahahahah. Gotta love it. "She" is lurking Rj.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Ahh..but tis I who was found lurking at Jerrys Jungle! Nadine helps Jerry out at the tri yearly Jerrys Jungle sale.
By the way Nadine, varigated stuff...point me out to leafy plants with varigation! oh wow..only a couple of days!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I got this last time. Not much was tagged last time..he had other things going on then.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Love the variagated!

Yes he did since his wife passed away he has more time devoted to what he likes to do....but he told me and the other crew members that he had some new stuff...so we will see if there is anything left after we take our pick...dum de dum...dum dum..de dum...LOL.....I do hope his Japanese rooster still has his lady friend-Peanut (that I hatched for that rooster!!) Yep..only how many hours to the countdown of the sale???mmmm Here is the website he had created... www.jerrysjungle.com

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes, I know MIke, who re-did his website...I'm headed over to Mikes this weekend. Do you know Wayne at Zone9?
He, Jerry and Mike all know each other. Wayne lives a couple blocks away from me... so I get lots of first picks...nanana..

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

RJ you are killing me! Here I live in boring old South Georgia....I have to go online or travel to get fun stuff...

and yet I still get into trouble, where there's a plant nerd there's a way!

;-)

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL, a random series of lucky events.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

God doesn't make coincidences or luck. He places each of us where our lives are the most productive.....whether we agree or not. The many great things that occur for me on DG are too good to be just dumb luck.

I may have met Wayne and just not know it..I get introduced to alot of people at the sale and then I try to remember who they were the next year!..LOL....See ya Friday!!! bright and early...

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

As they say ...it's all good.!

Yes..see you friday.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Check out these articles!
Plants Communicate to Warn Against Danger
http://www.livescience.com/animals/071008-plants-communicate.html

New species found in once-lost forest
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20165587/

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Very interesting!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Cool articles, especially the one about plants communicating - thanks for posting.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Rj, we had nasty weather Weds. In fact we had a tornado in a nearby county. A friend of mine lives about 5-10 miles from where it was starting to form and he didn't know til I told him about it. lol. Kinda freaked him out.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Is that you Cheyrl? I thought about you with that nasty weather.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.