Garden Robin #2

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Good Grief guys how big has the box gotten to be? I know I better not add books to the box now.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Dylan, why don't we do a trade? $26??? I'll D-mail you.

Psych, what did you get?

Quote about Distant earlier on thread

Quoting:
And ladies, Distant ain't lying. She will have a fit. You must wait distant, as others have done in the past ;^)

I knew it!

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

That would be great, if I have anything you want.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Any of you interested in joining ANOTHER swap, they are still taking sign ups:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/777280/#new

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

:oP
Yeah yeah Traci!!!! Whatever-I am doing good-did you see my post about getting down to 402 seed pack in my winter stash! I am so proud of myself-even though I haven't gone through the big envie sitting next to me-it is still good from the 450 I was up to!!
I have just added Passiflora seeds and a few other odds and ends to my trade list if anyone wants a side trade :o)

Oh yeah Traci-I am getting a bit antsy cuz I want to see how many panties are in the box for you-must be lots as it is getting heavy enough to cost 26 bucks-LOLOL
Robbi

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Thanks anyway psychw2-I am in 7 or 8 RR at the moment and I think I had better wait until one or 2 are done. LOL
I would do it-welll ummm-let me go have a look again.......

Belleville, IL(Zone 6a)

oh come on robbi join in. maybe if you do your secret santa will send you some more seeds.

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

ooo that is naughty-tempting an adict!! Santa knows who has been good or not-LOL ;o)

Belleville, IL(Zone 6a)

i've always found it doesn't matter if you are good or bad. cuz i'm usually the one who is bad and i always get what i want in the end. sounds like a good robin, robbi. don't miss out. oh what fun! lol ∫:~)

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

hmmm I might have to check out that swap too.Sounds like it could be fun...I think I am becoming a swapaholic...Is there such a thing?

Robbi..I forgot to tell you I stuck something in the box and put your name on it so don't rifle through the box and forget to take it out..lol..unless you decide you don't want it : 0

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

LOL-I got it!! I got it!!!!!!!!
Cedar-and you let me keep my husband-LOL Are you sure-he is Scottish and does look GREAT in his kilt!! LOL

I almost cried when I saw what it was-that was way back in August and I had forgotten about it! Thanks!!!!!!

OK-now, if it was just Traci left on the list-I would hold off on sending the box-LOL just so everyone could see what a whiner she is!! LOL
But-I will get to it and get it out-need to go look through it all again! :o)
Thank you cedar ((((hugs))))) many many hugs!!!
Robbi

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

OK-can I just take it all and start a new box-LOL I love every bit of it!
At the moment, I am going to take the pillow-how cute was that!! the t-shirt-I love Dave's and I loved the T-shirt! It is a bit big-but I like em that way!!! the bird feeder hanger and the suet holder (nice pair for my dining room window to drive my cats insane!!
There may be more as I did want everything-but I am mulling it over in my brain.
Thanks all-oh-and for those who panicked at the cost of postage-it was under 10 when I got it and I will try not to let it get high :o)
Now, off to the garden-I do my best thinking there!
Thanks all-it was a wonderful box and thanks again to cedar!!!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

You are welcome Robbi..Oh yes with the great books I took and awesome stepping stone that really did lighten the box up alot!! ..lol...I know what you mean.....hardest decision yet in my life was choosing what to keep..It was all so great!!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Distant, are you happy now? I mean you had to wait one whole day. It must have been horrid. Probably giving the hubby away because he is tired of hearing about the box.

402..hmm...how many are on the way to your house?

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

:oP
you will never know-LOLOLOL

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Remember you limit! Not over 500! ~~muttering~~500, shesh, that is crazy.

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

lol-Crazy hugh-well who wants to frame a pair of panties if anyone send you them in this box-ROFLMBBO

Belleville, IL(Zone 6a)

robbi you hold that box and it won't be traci whining. oh and did you join the other robin yet. there is still a place for you.

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

LOL-No, didn't join-I am afraid I wouldn't have time to make any goodies-still passing on that one. I won't be holding the box-got the new stuff to add and it will be off in the morning :o)
Still need to do a few more things tonight before it is mailed-LOL
Then the Robin will fly the nest :o)
Robbi

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

I just noticed I missed Tetley's b-day!!! So sorry!! Happy belated birthday!!!
Robbi

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the B-Day greeting! I have been following the thread with great interest and anticipation. I think I have been VEEERY good and not whined but when I hear about all the the great things in our treasure box I feel like a kid with her faced pressed up against the window of the candy store! Brings to mind the saying "God grant me patience --- but hurry!" (not a hint or anything) HeeHee

Ann B.

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

LOL-Tetley-I noticed you don't have a want list...is there any seeds you would really like-anything special you are looking for just in case I may have some?

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

That is so generous of you Robbi! I looked on your trade list. Amazing stuff there. Do you have any seeds of that pride of barbados or yellow hardhead? I have never seen anything like that pride of barbados. It is really cool looking. Do you think it would do OK in a big pot? I noticed that it would not be hardy here. The centaura looks like a thistle relative and instead of being purple it is yellow. The only thing I have gotten for the box so far is a nice expandable tote from Home Depot that should be really good for garden tools and pots and such. I have a feeling that I am going to have just as much fun filling at as emptying it!

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Yes Tetly, selecting the stuff to put in, and having other people chose what you gave is an awfully lot of fun!

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Pride of Barbados I have TONS of-you can have as much as you want!! LOL
I thought about over wintering it inside and I think if you have a sunny spot for it-it would be good. My problem is I have so many now using my sunny spots! LOL
Pride is on the way!! :o)
Cat I have something in there for you (I think you will be thrilled)
also Pupil and Dylan
but no one else had a want list.
If anyone else wants a little gift add it here before I go to the PO-LOL
I like sharing and it is nice to see something just for you when you open the box (thanks again cedar)!

(Cathy), MO

Thanks! If I read the list right, I should be next! This is my first garden robin and I think you guys are right. It's been as much fun finding things to put in the box (if not more), than seeing what I can take out! Though I WILL be taking things out! LOL! Can't wait to see what all is in there.

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

some really cool stuff!!! :o)

(Cathy), MO

I found something else to put in there at Walmarts yesterday. Putting things in there I think others might like, is fun!

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

These robins are so much fun. It's cool what people find to add. It's also nice to have something added just for you. Thanks Robbi. Is it something from your great trade list? Never mind I don't want to know, that would ruin the surprise.

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

It is a tiny bit of something you want and I wanted some last month so I hunted it down and now am sharing :o)

Will be off for a bit-trying to track down my Uncle who has not been heard from in 4 days (he is just East of San Diego)
so if I don't post-I will try to catch up tonight :o)

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

That is very thoughtful of you. Sometimes it's nice to get a thoughtful gift as a surprise.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

dylan, I think I know what it is. I could be wrong, but if I'm not, you will love it.

Robbi, Please, Please let us know about your uncle as soon as you hear something. I know this must be horrible for you. My thoughts are with you.

((((to my girl))))
Traci

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

box gone have confirmation number if you want it :o)

Yes, will keep you posted Traci
Thanks,
Robbi

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Robbi-
You have d-mail. :) Rachel

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

rabbit I will get back with you soon about it-I promise!

edited to say Oh and Traci, she is married and has been for 44 years! She said just start training them early on :o) He was mentioned in a thread about their trip to KY-LOL I asked!

This message was edited Oct 25, 2007 8:19 PM

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

OOOH! NEW SEEDS! Happy dance time --------------- :^)

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Well, I got mine a few years younger so he was trainable. Looking good so far, but he does talk back every once in a while, so I send him to his room. Good girl for asking.

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

How funny pupil. LOL I thought I was the only one to send DH to his room.

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

LOL-I just tell mine he is FIRED!
or I threaten to pull his leg hairs out with tweezers-that usually does the trick. Kathy taught me a good one-but you will need to ask her what she said to her doctor one day-way to funny!

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Ok kathy do tell.

I finally told mine that if I wanted his help I would ask for it, go do his thing. He kept hovering because he didn't think I could put my GH together correctly. I got his help when I had to have the wood frame built and to put the roof on.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.