Happy Birthday Chantell!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Thought this color was appropriate for the first day of October - Hope you have a great day!

Debbie

Thumbnail by rcn48
Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Happy happy birthday indeed!

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday and many more.
Susan

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ah Debbie - and it matches my hair...LOL
Ya'll are too sweet - thank you so much!!! Perfect way to start my Monday!!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Hope your special day was wonderful!

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday dear Chaanteeellllll!!!!
Happy birthday to you!
(And many more!!!!)

Karen

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose
Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

All the best Happy B-Day wishes Chantell!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

It's all been said. Me too, to you!

Thumbnail by sallyg
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Happy birthday, Chantell!!

Thumbnail by hart
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ohhhh Karen - I see pricklies beneath that pretty - what cha got there?!

Thanks everyone!!! It was a gorgeous day!!

I don't have...

It's a photo from my last jaunt to the US Botanical Gardens...

But I knew you liked prickles... that's why I picked it!

Crozet, VA

Happy Belated Birthday from me. I didn't read the board yesterday. I was busy with our 4 month old granddaugher emily. Her mom and dad brought her by for the afternoon yesterday. She is getting to be lots of fun, as you well know. She laughs and smiles and cracks me up. I would love to know what goes on inside her pretty little head sometimes. Her and my dogs, wish I could read their minds too.

Chantell, the Non Profit Organizations are starting to mail out Christmas stickers and the like. I will fix you an envelope of Christmas stickers before too long. You can use them on December mailings.

I hope that you had a wonderful day.

Ruby

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ah Ruby - you're such a sweetheart...I LOVE those stickers...probably why I was broke back in the day when I worked at Hallmark!!!

Crozet, VA

Oh My Gosh!!!! Yep, there are several types of businesses that it wouldn't pay for me to work. Candy Store, Bakery, Garden Nursery,.....Well, pretty much any thing that sells stuff. I would never have any money on pay day. ha-ha

I hope that you are having a good Birthday Week.

Ruby

Hey Miss Popularity- check out indoor gardening forum--------

And meant to tell you, I took a few leaves off the pig's ear cuttings to expose some stem to root them, and put those leaves into another pot. Today found tiny baby piglet ears coming from the margins of those leaves!! so cute! so now they're laid flat on soil with clear cover. I aasume they'll root like that.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

LOL - hardly!! Deb was just being a sweetie!! DG friends are the best...whether in state or as in her case out of state.
Ahhhhh....you have piglets, eh? Yes...they'll root anywhere....God bless their reproductive hearts!

Crozet, VA

I have a pot of pigs ear too that came from Chantell at Hart's Swap. Actually, I have two different things from Chantell and I planted both in same pot. I also stuck in about an inch long sprig of "String of Pearls" that someone else sent to me. Everything looks very healthy and is one of my favorites. What was the name of another succulent that you had several of that day Chantell? I am no good at names.

Ruby

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ruby - is it "this" one? http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/140549/

holy cow- I just saw the picture of that echeveria blooming!! Cool!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey Sally - that pic is not of the bloom...LOL...believe it or not, with the correct lighting, that's how it's "leaves" will look. It's a beautiful little plant - I love it!!

um, I meant the one by 'happenstance'--- are those actually leaves?
I agree it's great- I have a tiny one in tiny pot, so cute, and the one from spring swap is bigger in a group pot, looking nice.

(Zone 7a)

Happy belated Birthday, Chantell :)

karen

Thumbnail by bluespiral
Crozet, VA

Yep, that is the one Chantell, it is very pretty. The one that you gave me is sitting in it's place on honor in the front bay windowl It really liked being outside all summer though.

Some of the other things that I got at the swap are just now beginning to take off and grow and in some cases, bloom. I couldn't for the life of me tell you their names though. I have a couple from Miata that have the cup that they were started in beside the plant. I will have to see if I can still read the tyoe and report how well they are doing.

Ruby

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Yikes, I was on a trip to NYS when your birthday struck, Chantell. My humble apologies for missing your big day.

Here is a picture of a very old tree hydrangea for you, in full bloom, that I shot up in the Finger Lakes. lol, please try to ignore the background whatsits...

Thumbnail by wrightie

Yeah... but aren't some of the nicest old trees found in cemetaries?
Wonder why that is???

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

must be the fertilizer that they use

ROFL!!!!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Karen and Wrightie, thank you!!! LOL re the fertilizer...bad, bad!!!

Sally - I'm embarrassed - sorry about that!! LOL Yes, their blooms are great...nice cheery orange and they bloom easily!!!

Glad everyone's is doing well...should put mine in a bigger pot then I should have more for anyone who wants a start next spring.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.