Fall GH pics, post here

Fulton, MO

Let's see what folks have in their GHs this fall.
Curcuma 'Candy Cane'

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Fulton, MO

"Dwarf Orange Ginger" that I got in trade...any help with an ID?

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Fulton, MO

Curcumas 'Phudin Princess' and 'Pink Supreme'

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Fulton, MO

Stephanotis from my friend Terry. Thanks, Terry!

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Fulton, MO

Washington Navel oranges. I also have some Satsumas, Nagami kumquats, and Calamondins.

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Fulton, MO

TR Hovey papaya. All the blooms look male to me. Considering beheading.

Please post some pics of your GH plants.

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

You are welcome SB! I am glad that one of ours bloomed! Mine did not this summer-I could never figure out a good place for it on the deck-too much shade, too much sun....That costus is one that I sent you too (do you not keep the tags that I so laboriously write when I send them??? lol or maybe you can't read them! I probably smeared it when I wrote it.) It is C. cuspidatus.

I don't have anything in the grhouse except a huge heliconia that is hitting the roof and looks great.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Here are some pictures that I just took today of some, maybe unusual, blooms. Lets start out with a plant that i got from SB....thanks SB! This is a Radermachera Kunming

Thumbnail by tigerlily123
Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

here are some pansies-just to get us in the mood for fall...

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

this is a jatropha multifida that is just starting to bloom

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

two different jasmines-belle of India and Maid of Orleans-they have been blooming most of the summer

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

these once were blooms-does that count? lol My oranges- I might have enough for a glass of juice one day. My kids would prefer that I continue to buy it from the store as they don't care to wait...

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

this is a peach euphorbia-it hasn't stopped blooming all summer! At first I was a little nervous of it because of the wicked thorns it has (I won't be transplanting it a lot) but I am really into them now.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

An ixora-most of the plant is covered with buds, and just this small part was open enough, but I like this color

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

distans heliconia

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Andromedea (I think-the most common one of the psittacoruems anyway) heliconia

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

some more

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

tecoma stans-orange version

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

leonitis leon something...sorry-I forgot the name

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

brunfelsia nititum ( I think-sorry, been a long day). I thought it would be fragrant, but nothing, but it is pretty

Fulton, MO

Nice, TL!

Leonurus leonitis can also be purchased:

Quoting:
U.S. greenhouse grown premium quality Wild Dagga Flower, the most potent part of the plant. This is pampered, organically grown high grade Wild Dagga Flower, rich in active resins. You will understand why this is a favorite smoke of shamanically inclined southern Africans.

ROTFLMAO

Got any cuttings?

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Well!! I had no idea! No wonder the kids never want to move out and all their friends hang out here....is that what they are doing out in the old house/shed?

You need to move to Jamaica-not just visit there....

Fulton, MO

Tell me about it.

Washington, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

lol............

I started to bring my stuff in too early (cause for once I was trying to be organized)...and have already fried some of my prize plants in the greenhouse...you can see on the bottom shelf some pretty crispy leaves

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

okay, obviously it's four in the morning and maybe I need to try tommorrow

Washington, MO(Zone 6a)

Tropicanna, how'd you keep the plants looking so good, attached to the wall like that? =)

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Yeah, definitely shouldn't try to find pictures in the middle of the night like that...or do anything else that might require any thought..lol...you were up early, too Eggs

so this is what I was trying to show y'all--the fried stuff is on the bottom shelf ...I ended up rearranging everything already and changing the shelves

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Conway, AR(Zone 7b)

A plant I got at HD earlier this year. Tag says "Hoya Carnosa" First time it has bloomed.

Thumbnail by nautical99
Conway, AR(Zone 7b)

Same Plant, Different view.

Thumbnail by nautical99
Conway, AR(Zone 7b)

Tag says "Zebra Plant". Also from HD in April this year.

Thumbnail by nautical99
Conway, AR(Zone 7b)

Zinnia's from seeds started in GH.

Thumbnail by nautical99
Conway, AR(Zone 7b)

Dahlia's in the front flower bed.

Thumbnail by nautical99
Washington, MO(Zone 6a)

Tropicanna, I'm up at 0345 every morning. =) Those plants look like they'll make it. It's been upper 80's to 90 here, and I'm about sick of it. Although, with the sun staying a bit lower, it hasn't been as brutal on my GH. Most of my plants are still outside. I'm gradually getting them all back in nursery pots, and trying to visualize them all fitting. It's gonna be snug, HEH.

How big's your Rion?

Sorry, nautical. I didn't know there was a pic flood coming while I was writing this. =)

This message was edited Oct 5, 2007 11:33 AM

Conway, AR(Zone 7b)

Pitcher Plant? Tag says Nepenthes 'alata'

Thumbnail by nautical99
Conway, AR(Zone 7b)

A plant from Digital_Dave, I think "Pregnant Onion"?? I am not sure what this is, but looks like it is going to flower.

Thumbnail by nautical99
Conway, AR(Zone 7b)

Base of the Onion plant.

Thumbnail by nautical99
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

nice pics, nautical...I remember killing one of those blooming onions in college...haven't tried one since.

Eggs--I have sleep problems, you are up very early! 3:45 everyday...you must go to bed early. My Rion is a little 8x8

already brought in the tibouchina...little leggy though

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I have to try to get two water tubs full of stuff consolidated into one manageable one to bring into the GH--this ones just got a bunch of random stuff...pretty sure I killed my lotus when the water hyacinth was in there, which was a big disappointment

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I know I'm not keeping all these water hyacinths..lol

Thumbnail by Tropicanna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.