Blooms for 9-27-2007

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

H. species kokio waimae

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

They are all pretty, but I like Chads and China Town best, from this group.

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Oooooooooooooh - I like H. Luxor!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I finally had a couple blooms today after several days of nothing! Here's Lost Treasure

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

And Lady Lil:

Thumbnail by ecrane3
San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Amanda, I like your Rum Runner; Cat, I have to go with Envie and Nightfire; Robert I sure do like Hoochie Coochie; and, Kyle, that Chinatown is amazing - not just the coloration, but the size, that sucker looks huge! Liz, isn't it nice to have a couple blooms after bloomless days? Your Royal Treasure is looking good :-)

My first picture today is of Creme de Cacao.

Cat, I just love your Spotted Sparrow with those unusual colors (right up my "weird" alley!) I've never heard of this, wherever did you find it??????

This message was edited Sep 27, 2007 8:06 PM

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Faithful Voodoo Queen.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

First time I've seen so much pink on Cajun Blue - I like it :-)

Thumbnail by amarantha00

The amazing "you gotta wear shades to look at this bloom" Hot Bikini.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Allure.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

A luscious Strawberry Fields Forever (*yum*).

Thumbnail by amarantha00

The lovely neon Erin Rachael.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Lovely bloom, but lousy picture of Love Story.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

I had three stunning Molten Lava blooms today.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Two new blooms on Rosalind.

Thumbnail by amarantha00
(Zone 1)

I just can't get over these Beautiful Blooms! I never had any idea there were so many different and Gorgeous Hibiscus out there! I've lived in Florida 40 years and have just a couple of the regular ole no name ones you find down here in Florida landscapes. I think it would be very, very easy to get addicted to these. Thanks for posting all these lovely photo's!

I'm in love with Pina Colada and her extra little fluff ;-)

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Palm Springs.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Electric Blue - totally electric, but not blue.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Two beautiful Magnifique blooms in a plant group shot. The up close on Magnifique is pretty, but I really like this area of my garden (except for the fallen plumeria leaves - I'm SO trashy, lol)...

Thumbnail by amarantha00

The bloom on Belle de Jour today was large and lovely, but I just couldn't reach in far enough to get a decent pic.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

The wonderful Night Fire.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

And my favorite bloom today is undoubtedly Climax. This flower is just huge and the range of colors is magnificent. Loving it!

Thumbnail by amarantha00
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Karen,
Love your Nightfire and Climax. Got my Spotted Sparrows from Mr. Conrad, at the hibiscus show in Orlando. He doesn't have a website, but next time I am in that area, I can pick one up for you.

Kyle,
China Town and Kokia are wonderful. I am so glad you are posting your blooms again, because your pics are what got me addicted :)

Robert,
Love, love, love Sassy Girl. I'm not normally a red hib person, but this one is gorgeous! And, Merci Beaucoup is brown. You know how much I love, and am drawn to browns.

Liz,
I love Lost Treasure. She is so feminine and dainty.

Amanda,
Just want to recomment on your Rum Rummer. It truly is beautiful :)

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

So many pretty ones today! I can't seem to pick a favorite! Spotted Sparrow is very cool, that's the first time I've seen a pic of it. Same with Chinatown, another one I hadn't seen before but both very nice!

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Wild at Heart fully open

Thumbnail by cat4gp
(Zone 1)

This thread is Hibiscus Heaven!

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Karen -

I'm coming over with the 18 wheeler we've been passing around and some shovels! ;) Just kidding. But thanks for your compliments and here are my favorites of yours (all really):

Hot Bikini, Allure, Strawberry Fields, Rosalind, Palm Springs and Climax

SOOO pretty!! And thanks, Cat - I like your Wild at Heart!

plantladyin - watch out, this is very addictive!! (Hi, my name is Amanda, and I'm a hibiscus addict.)

(Zone 1)

ooooooh ... I could easily become addicted to some of these Beauties! I am addicted to lots of different plants, have a few African Violets and Gessie's and a few Hoya's and lots and lots of just your ole' generic house plants! I don't have space to grow Hibiscus indoors ... but lots of space outside! :)

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Great pics, Karen. I still like Rosalind and your Hot Bikini is really bold.

Cat, that is a gorgeous picture of Wild at Heart.

Cat, I love your Wild at Heart!

Amanda, you'll never get past my vicious attack dog, Sadie, who stands guard to protect her precious hibbies! Actually, if you wait a week to show up, my house will be looking so creepy (for Halloween) that people will be shocked to believe that there is ANYTHING alive at all!

Plantlady, I can see we are already sucking you into the depths of hibiscus addiction ;-) If you have room outside in Florida, then you absolutely NEED tropical hibiscus.

We're the best bunch of enablers you'll ever meet :-)

karen

Thumbnail by amarantha00
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Absolutely beautiful blooms everyone!!! Welcome Paintladylin!!! You know when the addiction is bad when you are just in conversation with someone and a simple word that has nothing to do with hibs directs your mind straight there. Sad huh. I hear butterfly I dont think with wings I think with petals. Same as Ladybug. Hoochie Coochie has taken on a complete new meaning for me. LOL as have many more. I hear magic, Voodoo, Queen, Moments basically everything triggers the complete hibiscus side of my brain. So I need to fnd a support group for this!!!LOL If someone yells FIRE I will daydream into all of the hibiscus with the word fire in them. Someone Please HELP me!!! LOL Even Paintladylin caught me thinking of a painted lady Hib. Is there any help?????LOL

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Cat, when will they have another hibiscus show in Orlando?

Robert, we need some kind of group intervention, LOL!!!!

My name is Karen, and I am a hibiscus addict...

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

plantladyin - Karen is right! You need to put some hibiscus in your yard! The best thing about where you live is you can leave them outside in the ground year-round! A lot of the country can't. Sounds like you're already getting hooked!!

Karen - Ha ha - you're cracking me up! I'm telling you - we need the yard switch thing! Ha ha, no really, that's what I love about Dave's so much - you get to see TONS of other people's blooms and oooooh and aaaaaah over them. Your pics are great! (Pretty dog ... I'm not sure I'd make it past unnoticed!)

Yeah Amanda, she'd viciously lick you to death, lol!!!

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Ha ha, aww, that's sweet. :)

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Plantladyin,
You only live an hour north of me, so growing them in the ground (or in huge outside pots, like me) should not be a problem at all. Just make sure that when you put up your Christmas lights, you buy some extra to put around the plants, in case we get below 32 degrees. The heat from the lights is just enough to keep them warm, but not enough to burn them.

PS...my name is Cathy and I am a major hibbie addict :)

Karen,
know what you mean. Already have some scarecrows up, have my halloween mailbox cover and address stake done, and some halloween wreaths. One, of which is a crow dressed in a scarecrow outfit. Absolutely adorable.
This weekend I will finish my combo halloween, thanksgiving yard decorating.....and then it will be Christmastime.....I love this time of year!

Me too - it's my favorite and Halloween is my favorite holiday! Plus upcoming Thanksgiving and Christmas means kids home from college :-)

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh my goodness you guys - Thanksgiving/Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year. I get into all of it. I'm looking forward to wrapping my hibbies in tiny white lights this year (although I know they'd probably be ok without them) because it will look quite stunning and I love the tiny white Christmas lights! Man, you guys up north will laugh but when the temps start getting into the 70s as daily highs around here (still in the 90s), I usually try to pull out my sweaters and frequent Starbucks all the more just to make it feel like winter! Ha ha!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.