Need some PUNCH to my driveway!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Hi, I'm considering a change for two planters that border my big garage door. Three years ago I planted camelias flanking either side, and they just haven't done very well. It's too hot for them here, as there is considerable heat radiating from wood siding in the late afternoon. All summer long the new leaves get scorched by the sun and look brown and crispy.

I have had good luck with this variety of hibiscus in a pot on the same wall: Tradewinds Hibiscus, "Whirlwind" from the Breeze series. I'm considering getting a few more to use in place of the camelia. I bought this at Home Depot though, and they no longer carry it. Any suggestions on where to find this again? Or I'm open to ideas on something that might give a little more pizzaz to the front of my home.

Thanks a bunch! Christina :)

Thumbnail by cnswift
This thread has 21 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!