Pond in the Rocky Mountains!!

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

No more question mark in the title. Here is an updated picture with Diane's and Kenton's beautiful plants added in. The stones are still temporary, but I tried to organize them so they didn't scream...here are my temporary, cheap rocks! I'm really happy with it so far- long way to go though. I want to get a different kind of fountain. The three tier look doesn't do anything for me.
If you look closely you can see some of my DBG buys- liriope (la-rye-o-pee LOL) and lychnis, as well as some transplanted Lily of the Nile and Moneywort.

Thumbnail by art_n_garden
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Wow, Suzanne, you don't mess around! I can't believe how complete your pond looks. I know you want to improve it, but to the casual observer ( me), it looks very complete!

Bryan, TX(Zone 8b)

Looks fabulous, Susanne! How on earth are you working in the yard with that broken foot?

Suz

Very carefully and a little imbalanced. LOL. I'm praying I don't end up with two broken feet!

Thank you for the compliments betty and suz.

Denver Metro Area, CO(Zone 5a)

Are those quartz rocks? I'd leave them; they look terrific!

I think that's what they are. Pink and white quartz. They came scattered in the messy terrace with the house! I think we are going to leave the quartz and stepping stones (aka foot breakers) until next year. I will take another picture tomorrow as we rearranged again. Thank you Diane! I think the pond looks so much better and happier with your lovely plants. :)

Denver Metro Area, CO(Zone 5a)

Big quartz rocks--free with the house?! Lemme know if you wanna trade for flagstone!! Glad to help with a happy pond:)

Yep free with the house! The only good thing they ever did with the landscaping here lol. I'd be glad to trade with you sometime! We're planning to use these for the year until we "redecorate."

Here's an updated picture. I don't know if you can tell anything different, but I rearranged alittle bit. Added more plants (went to Lowe's clearance aisle last night!) and mulched. At Lowes I got a tricolor hydrangea for $1.37, a wood spurge for $2.13, and a couple av's for $1.50 each. Happy about that!

Thumbnail by art_n_garden
Bryan, TX(Zone 8b)

It really looks nice, Susanne. Love the rearranging. I'm showing the pic to my DH. Sneaky, huh?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.