Inspirations: Digging in our past for our love of gardening

Springfield, IL(Zone 5b)

I am loving these old pictures!!
All the old photos of my family were destroyed by water when a leak sprang unnoticed in the attic... :*( The few that remain my mom won't part with for nothin'.
But I get my gardening gene from my grandma, who grew not only veggies, but many different flowers, and always let me have a little patch as a kid..
I am growing an annual bed this year in her memory..it is going to be all the stuff she used grow like cosmos, margolds and zinnias.

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

i dont have any photos of family garderners but I know that my dads mother was a gardening enthusiest. She has a great yard which my aunt now takes care of since she passed. Thats all I know. I wonder????
michelle

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

I bet your aunt could tell you a lot more...

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

I havent seen her in four years. I am planning a trip this summer to see her though. She is a lovely woman. I think my dad and I will go together. It will be a perfect time to ask her about the family history. I guess i could always ask my dad too.hehehehehe

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Interesting to get different takes on the history. For instance, I am a quilter and my Dad is useless with remembering anything about how the ladies managed quilting. My Aunt however, can tell me every detail. Ask everyone, I wish I had realized that sooner and bugged them all! LOL!

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

I love looking at photos on flickr. Ran across this group last night and thought you might enjoy seeing it!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/684463@N21/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.