Any interest in a Caudiciform co-op?

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I am tossing the idea around of hosting a fatplant co-op - anyone interested?? Y'all know the plants won't necessarily be very cheap - but, I know some of them might be willing to part with smaller, younger plants - or - I contact a nursery who sells both cacti and fatplants :-)

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

Id be interested.
Miles to go sold to the cactus forum group reaaal cheap
The total was minimum 100 plants and no less than 5 of each species bought
I have no regrets heh.
I think member "dmichael619" handled it
He could give more info on the deal miles to go gave us.
Im up for whatever so long as I can afford something.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Lemme see what I can come up with - I have e-mailed some nurseries - I'll keep y'all posted :)

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

(Aaccck...trying to ignore this thread...and failing...)
Thanks Becky, I'll be watching to see what you find out!
Sheri

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

same here. depending on the selection, I could be persuaded ;-)

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

I can't believe I just posted that! wah!!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

So far - answer from Arid Lands - same as with Miles - wholesale list - min order is $200.00 and at least 5 plants of each :) LOLOL - knew I could get ya guys! Also J&J cactus :-)

That should be easy enough
If 10 people go $20,- each etc...
Ill easily do that and im the poorest here $$ wise ;p
I sell my plumies to grow the other collections ;)

Yardley, PA

I would love to, however, I have a lot and it would make a difference as to which ones. I only have room for 1 of each type. Sorry to be difficult.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Sally that is ok - their min requirements are 5 of each - so if we get 5 people wanting one we'd be fine :)

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I'd be interested again if someone wouldn't mind shipping them to me.
:) Donna

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

IF we do this I would be the one :-)

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Well.....than I'm in!
:) Donna

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

unlike Sally, I have almost none so I'm fairly open as far as selection. The wierder the better. The smaller the better. The usual urban plant fanatic requirements, LOL.

Amsterdam, NY(Zone 5a)

I'd be interested. My adeniums did very well this year. Have you considered (depending on what you are looking to purchase) Snowbelt Adeniums? I don't know if he stocks or can provide other types of Caudiciforms.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

As far as I know they have primarily adeniums - so I am aiming for a nursery that has a wider selection :-)

Ki - just come to visit real quick and I'll show you why you MUST start collecting caudiciforms! LOL

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

haha like I need help getting enabled! rofl! UC Berkeley's arid house already did that :D
http://flickr.com/photos/ki/sets/72157594228483220/

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL - I can see why :-)

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I got my aribicum from Aridlands and it is massive. Snowbelt has such a huge selection. Either of those would be tempting.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

The plants I received from Arid Lands were excellent - and HUGE - I am hoping to get a wholesale list from them soon :)

Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Becky --- I'm VERY interested, but I never participated in any co-op before, is that okay?

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

Like both Aridands and Snowbelt but think I have all the adeniums I want (or needs). Unless there's one I don't have- I could be persuaded. Do it fast before it turns cold though.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Will do - I am waiting for a wholesale list from Arid Lands - then we should be on the way to a good co-op :-)

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

K, I have a fairly updated wholesale list from Arid Lands - it is not 100% correct - so it is just an indication of what they have - if anyone is interested - I can e-mail the list to y'all - just d-mail me your regular e-mail addy :)

Has it been decided that they are who we r going to buy from?

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Tis the only wholesale list I have :)

Milton, FL(Zone 8a)

Count me in.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

K, since I can't get hold of anything truly updated and the weather is turning colder - I'll hold off until spring :)

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

That's a shame... But I think I am more relieved than disappointed, LOL!

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

I think it's a good decision since many of the interested folks live in colder climates than I do, and it's no fun for anyone to be stressed out over whether or not the plants would be shipped too late to be safe.

I had fun poring over the Arid Lands website anyway. If you decide to tackle this in spring, I'll be interested!
Sheri

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 5a)

If and when this takes place, I'd be interested, too. I'll watch this thread.
Thanks,
Mike

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm new to fat plants and I love them! Please count me in for the co op experience when you are ready.

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

I just discovered this forum and fat plants in general, but what better way to start out than getting in on an order like this. I'll probably forget before y'all do the order, but just d-mail me with some notice (a couple weeks in case I get so busy working in the garden that I don't check DG for a while) and I'll probably be in, especially if it just takes a $20 order. Who am I kidding? I know I'll spend more than that!

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Any more interest in this?

I'd sure like to participate; esp. in one from Arid Lands. I can't host it, but I can buy! =)
Debbie

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Once I am sure of the weather and temps here I'll get back with everyone and let ya know :)

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Let us know here too--I don't really pay to much attention to the CoOp forum (too many plants I don't grow) but do keep this thread marked.
Thanks,
Debbie
=)

Mesilla Park, NM

Just wanted to show you guys this link: http://www.select-seeds.com/Plants.htm

they have cuttings for Thai COTs for 1.35 something like that... of course there is a minimum of 250.00 order, but a co-op can easily do that... also, I don't know the reputation of this company either, has anyone heard of it as far as plants go? I think I've seen that it sells seeds.

Other prices don't look bad.

edited to correct 1.25 to 1.35 per cutting

This message was edited Feb 15, 2008 6:49 PM

Yardley, PA

Gourd - That is a very interesting site. With enough people $250. wouldn't be hard to reach.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Looks like an awesome selection! I would be interested and I'm sure there would be alot of others.

Gilmer, TX

I would be interested injoining this co-op. Have grown adenium seeds and purchased pachys from Snowbelt and purchased Adeniums from various places, but am always on the lookout for more.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.