Took a walk

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

My son David and I took a walk in our woods and I think the dogs had a wonderful time...LOL
Susan

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Here they are... How do I start a post and have the picture? This first one did not have a place to put it.?
Thanks,
Susan

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

another

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Darla.

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Neo.

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

another... I hope you are all ok with this?
Sue

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Darla & Petey from the Little Rascals come to mind. What cute pupsters.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

They sure are having fun in the water. LOL

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

That is where she gets her name from... Neo is the oldest... First time Darla has walked the property with out her shock collar... No I don't shock her she just needs to here the beep then she stays.... If not look out deer...LOL Plus I don't believe in dogs going on other peoples property... The farmer would shoot another dog but would call me first...Has never had to call...
Susan

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

She loves the water... It is a shame I will not let her have access to it all the time.. We have to much wild life here that she would not stay around... Pit bulls are put down the min. they are captured in our area and I will not have that happen so he and my sons dogs have about 1 1/2 acres of wooded land they run ... No water in that part ... Oh well are worse things in life...
Susan

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Gorgeous dogs, Susan!!! The patched one looks like a female pit I had many years ago...great dog but very high prey drive...normal for the breed

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes I know that is why she is on an invisible fence and she does really well...She kills the mole and voles we have .. so that is not to bad.. So long as she does not go after my other animals she is ok...
Susan

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, those two pups sure did have a fine time in the creek!

The golden retriever I grew up with loved the water, of course. But what a dope -- we had to teach her to swim! The first time she hit a "hole" in a creek bed, she panicked and Dad had to jump in to save her. In a lake, she'd wade out gradually, and when the water got deeper she'd go up on her hind paws and paddle with her front paws. It looked like she was doing the Australian crawl. We all got in with her one time and supported & encouraged her until she got the hang of the doggie paddle (which you'd think would come more naturally, LOL), and from then on she was fearless.

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Gosh all but the little dogs and dolly are not crazy about the water... Now Darla is another story.. You have to drag her out of a lake... she just does not want to come out...
Susan

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

What a fun way to keep cool on a hot summer's day!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.