BULLETIN!! Hummers are heading south...

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

LOL! I also have the cool hawk that has eaten all my mice/rats! LOL! Just squirrels these days and only a few of them. Getting to be slim pickens around here. No butterflies to speak of either! But I got lots and lots of beautiful flowers blooming all around my yard! Thank goodness I have a new gardening obession otherwise I'd be a bit discouraged. LOL! And I know the northern birdies will be heading south to me very soon. My yard has lots to offer every critter! :-)

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oh - you have such a beautiful garden Becky - what is your new gardening obsession in particular? hint hint pictures maybe?

Edinburg, TX

Thanks everyone!!! I am so glad the little tyke is alright. Yep, I have a good buddy...he does all the repairs around the house for me, fixes whatever need fixing and even BBQs. He's been a great buddy for close to ten years.

Becky...I forgot to mention...the owls have returned...or at least there are two adult owls using that old deer blind again. I saw two eggs in there last weekend.

~ Cat

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Redtootsiepop - My new obsession ....... Morning Glories! (Cat is to blame .... she got me started on this new addiction! LOL!)

Cat - Oh my goodness! I can't believe you have new owl eggs in the deer blind! Who would've ever guessed that an old blind would wind up being a nest for owls! That's so cool that they are back! I loved the previous photos you took as you monitored them! I thoroughly enjoyed the show/updates and looked forward to it each and every week! Are you going to take photos of the newest generation of owls?

Manning, SC(Zone 8a)

I'm SOOO relieved that this story ended happily......

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

wow, more owls ! Incredible, I loved seeing those pictures as well.

Becky, I tentatively did some morning glories over a trellis in our side yard this year (to disguise the garbage & recycle bins) they are so pretty. I just tore them out since it's getting cold and they were looking ratty, but are you worried about them becoming invasive? I've heard such stories about mg's !

Slidell, LA(Zone 8a)

Reporting from Slidell, La. Our hummers are gone. The sun position changed as of about a week ago then they were gone by this weekend. We are North of New Orleans by about 25 miles. We are sure going to miss them. My grandgaughter and I watch them during breakfast and dinner through the bay window that the feeder is attached to. We will change the nector one more time in the feeder then take it down to clean and store. We wouldn't want to miss any straglers still making their way farther south.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

I've seen my little one today sitting at the feeder, just one :( Guess I'm lucky I have the one though. He doesn't buzz around my head like he did earlier this year if that's him.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.