telegraph plant seeds

New York, NY

Hi everyone,
A few weeks ago I got some telegraph plant seeds (desmodium gyrans) from Cook's Carnivorous Plants. I soaked them in water for 12 hours and then planted them in a 1/1 peat/perlite mixture. They havent germinated yet; they should have a few days ago. Obviously it doesnt look like my method is working. Do any of you grow this plant? If so, how do you grow it? How did you germinate the seeds?

Thank you,

Aaron

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

Might want to post your question in the Carnie forum too.. They're probably more knowledgable there on carnie seeds..

Tuckahoe, NY

Hi,
I ordered my seeds from Chiltern's in England, and they germinated fine. Just sow under reasonably warm conditions in a well drained medium for seed starting. It is a tropical legume, and grows best during the heat of summer. That is also when the 2 small side leaflets do their thing, moving at random before your eyes. I put my potted plants in a sunny window in my workplace, hopefully it will get through the winter. Years ago I grew it in a greenhouse where I worked, and it flowered in late winter/spring, seems it needs short days to flower.
Ernie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.