Water damage

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks for always taking up for me, Shari. I needed you on the school playground as I was always the last one chosen on the teams. Can't walk and chew gum. You must have gotten all the athletic ability for both of us.

Forgot..also Datura...double yellow....blooming so wonderfully this week.

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

That sounds like a great way to plant a garden. Lots of surprises. I dont always remember what I wintersowed and sometimes stuff comes up from the previous year and so I have to be very careful when weeding but the botanical names dont interest me either. Sometimes I make up my own names anyway :-).

Sounds like you have a great mixture of plants and I'm sure they are beautiful!

I'm also harvesting hibiscus and rose of sharon and Morning glories and 4oclocks. Those are the only ones so far I know how to get the seed from.( just started harvesting this year). Its so rewarding knowing I wont have to buy those plants again but can start some of my own.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

My biggest disappointment this year is the hollyhock. I had many varieties and they were so beautiful. With the almost 3 months of continuis rain......they were just slime. Anything bad that could overtake a hollyhock....did. I have 50 or so little seedlings that are still there but have no idea what they are. I hope they don't take two years to bloom. I finally had the rhythm going. I also have lots of sedum and suculents that do good cuttings.

I've not tried to grow hollyhock ( at least I dont think any of that stuff back there is HH) Ihope they rebound nicely for you. I've seen pics of gorgoeous sedum and cati grown in Tx but they dont do so well here believe it or not. They dont flower for me as they do in the pics I've seen, When I saw the pics I said "They do that, where, not here??"

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

My Hollyhock in Colorado got as big as the house! And prolific?! Whoosh! Babies everywhere! I was constantly pulling up the babies from cracks in the sidewalk...edges of sidewalk, window wells....everywhere a seed to put down the tiniest of roots, those guys would womp on up! But they are sooooooo pretty! I'm surprised you had trouble with them Christi. I guess they really don't like too much water at once.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm trying to straighten out my photo software....have lost about half of the pictures. If I ever find it again I'll show you the poor little things.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

This picture was taken in March 2006. They had just begun to bloom....later this whole section was filled with HH.

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I can't find the hollyhock. So agravated with this program.
this was June 5

Thumbnail by LouC
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Christi - its so pretty! I love the pathways to walk through and admire all the beautiful flowers.....don't be aggratated...a picture like this should make you feel proud.

OOOH! So nice. You must have such fun working and walking there. its so peaceful. Great getaway!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Here is one of our tropical paradises at work. Most of those big plants come back. That is also my grandma in that pic. Taken Friday.

Christi, love your pic!! Gorgeous!!

Thumbnail by pepper23
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Pep you are so lucy to work at a place like that! Does it stay open all winter?

Yep. Only close on days where it is too hazzardous for visitors, like during the ice storm. And we also only close on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. When there is snow on the ground the view is breathtaking. The rest of the time it is gorgeous.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Lucky, lucky girl!!!

Well, I had a new post with pic but IE apparently didn't like it. Encountered problems.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Too big?

Nope. It was one I had made smaller. I think part of it is my computer. It has problems and I need to take it to the guy who wants to check it out and let him do that. It has a bad habit of closing screens on me. Drives me up the wall when that happens!!

Which reminds me, I haven't forgotten the hole in the ceiling!! hehehe

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Ha! Have you seen the thread "Is there a Problem" in Dave's Garden Foum? A lot of people are having screen disappearing problems....

Yep, but it's not DG for me. It's my computer. When I go to check emails, I lose the screen. Have had this problem almost since I got this computer last year. I can't wait to replace it already.

I might end up like Shari, with a hole in the ceiling if it don't straighten up!! lol

Sorry, Shari. You will never live that one down!!! LOL

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

So happy to supply you with a good grin! OOoooohhhh....they are pouring my cement!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Good. Do you have your kitty Cat pads ready?

Won't go into the problems my PC is doing. It is the magic machine I love to hate.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Nah, darn, they stopped...its started raining.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Tomorrow.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Guess so.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Sure hope they get all of your problems solved soon. So sorry that you had to endure all of this. Are all of your babies OK?

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Shari,looks to me you just covered the makings of a nice pond!!!!LOL

Soak that toe in some warm water and epson salt,2 aspirins and call me in the morning!!!!!
Only hurts when you smile!!!!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Thanks a bunch Don! What a comedian!!

The three of us who were involved in this were spreading the rumor that we were going in together to build a swimming pool and hot tub....but nobody believed us. Cement was poured yesterday afternoon, and is now dry (complete with signature)....getting things back to normal. Only one stem broken on one plant! They did a great job! In a week you will never know anything was done.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Probably will be able to root that one....right?

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Nope....unfortunately it ended up under the machine they used to cut up the cement. Found it this am. Ah well...small price to pay for a job very well done!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Good.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Shari, when my daughter broke her toe, the Dr. in ER taped it to the next one to try and limit movement. It took awhile, but healed fine. Hope your toe does OK!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

I'm doing fine...just gotta remember not to try to jitterbug for a while! Ha ha. Thanks for the concern, 77**.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Guess you'll have to cut back on your tip toeing thru the garden with Tiny Tim!!!!LOL

Tropic..LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.