Feel free to upload your new blooms right here!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I have a zillion things to do before the kids come in this afternoon............but i have some new blooms..............can't stand not to show them...............please add your new blooms, too...............
Begonia 'Bonita Shea' from Snow..........I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a baby baby plant.........

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

First blooms on chimera...........when I potted her to a bigger size pot, I lost the name...........but i can look at LL chimeras and figure this one out..........

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

chimera 'Northern Reflections'...............i think the first blooms are never as pretty as they will be later.............

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Chirita 'Silver Surfer'

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Episcia 'Malaysian Ruby'

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Sinningia 'Mackenzie' won't quit blooming...........

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Kohleria 'Peridots Potlatch' is trying to bloom again

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

When I bought this strep in Boerne.........he said they hadn't marked their names yet........they were fresh out of the greenhouse..........bought it anyway and she is one of my 3 favorites...............

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

This is another one from ken..........this picture does not do her justice..........the colors are so vivid in dark almost salmon and pink...............

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Streptocarpus 'Iced Pink Flamingo' is revving up for a new bloom time.....

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

'Petticoats' is much brighter than this pic............

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

'Gloria' is blooming for the first time....small blooms but everywhere in abundance

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

just a nice hybrid seedling

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

only 'Ruby' blooming again and again............

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

hybrid seedling

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

straight from the grocery store yesterday,..........my favorite fragrance from a flower..........StarGazer lilies

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

just as I finished uploading these flower pics, I run in the bathroom to take a quick bath............look..............another frog..........this one is too big for me to touch even with tissue paper...........he will have to wait for my son to get him out................

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Whatever you do Gail..DON'T FLUSH!!..lol..I wonder how that poor little guy got in there?

Yum.Stargazers are my absolute favorite too.You can't beat their fragrance and those blooms are to die for!

Looking over all your Gessie photos and drooling again Gail.You sure grow some pretties!

Enjoy your time with the kids Gail : )

(Zone 1)

Beautiful Bloomers as usual Gail! I am confused about Chimera's. I thought they were AV's that the flower looked like a pin wheel?

Oh, that is a cute Tree Frog! He must have been hiding in a plant that you brought inside!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Stargazers! I think they must be everybody's favorite .... lovely bloom and wonderful fragrance!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Gorgeous flowers! Love them all but right now my favorite is the green frog. He is the cutest.

Not blossoms but last night I took a couple of photos showing just how varied violet leaves can be as far as size. The large leaf is from Shooting Star which is a large standard and the small variegated one is a semimini...Rob's Cool Fruit. Look at the difference.

Thumbnail by Snowrose
(Zone 1)

My goodness Snow .... What a difference indeed! Amazing, isn't it?

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

And...............I hate to let you know Snow........that I am going to have to purchase a'Cool Fruit'...................i can't grow those leaves. I have grown many which are just as small but not with that much variegation....................

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I know you asked for bossoms but all I have right now are some streps, one kohleria blooming and this episcia...'Silver Dust'. I post a few pictures from today.

Thumbnail by Snowrose
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Episcia Silver Dust again..

Thumbnail by Snowrose
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

A few episcias not in bloom now. First is 'Fantasia'.

Thumbnail by Snowrose
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

episcia 'Dixie Dynamite'....

Thumbnail by Snowrose
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

episcia 'Tiger Stripes'...

Thumbnail by Snowrose
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I love episcia 'Cleopatra'..

Thumbnail by Snowrose
(Zone 1)

Oh, I am in Heaven! I am really, really beginning to Love Episcia's .... those are Gorgeous Snow!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Finally, strep 'Jason'...

Thumbnail by Snowrose
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Snow you do grow some beauties!! Oh my gosh..look at the size of those leaves on Fantasia and Dixie Dynamite! Those must be Huge!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Lin! I like episcias too. With your warmth and humidity in Florida, I think they should do well for you. Mine seem to like my warm and humid plant room. I fondly call them pretty weeds.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

I don't normally post here because I can't seem to grow an AV to save my life. They turn crispy when I even think of admiring them in the store *lol*
BUT, I can grow Lipstick and Goldfish plants for some reason and my little goldfish looks so cute right now :)
I LOVE all your pictures everyone, they sure are pretty :)

Thumbnail by kimskreations
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

cedarnest...these are starting to get big now. I don't have small hands as I wear a size 7 ring finger. You can barely see my hand under the leaves of Tiger Stripes. I want to see if I can grow them twice as big. If I succeed, I will post photos. There are a few more like episcia Pink Gator which is a favorite that's getting large now too. I'll have to take a picture of it. Fun to grow.

Kim...that is a pretty nematanthus. I like the red behind the leaves.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Someone posted a picture of the same exact plant but we never got an ID on it.
I LOVE it too :)
I'm hoping to root some stems when she's done blooming :)

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

The size of those leaves just amazes me Snow.I had absolutely NO idea they could grow so large! I hope you succeed at growing them even larger and can't wait to see the pics.

Kim,I love your goldfish plant.Sure looks nice with all those blooms!

(Zone 1)

Hi Ya Kim .... Welcome to the AV forum! You should visit us here more often! Your Nemathathus/Goldfish plant is looking great! Very pretty indeed!

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Why thank you my friend Lin :)
Do you want me to try to start you some cuttings of it?
It's a special plant to me. Dad bought me it for Mother's Day this year and it's still alive :)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

cedarnest..episcia 'Alice's Aussie' can grow very large too. The largest I was ever able to grow it was a leaf of 9 inches. It was a whopper. I sent it to someone for a joke and she rooted the darn thing and grew a plant from it!

Kim...the nematanthus is easy to root. Put your cuttings in a pot, cover with a baggie or enclose in a ziplock one...keep warm in bright light (no direct sun) and they will root in no time. A gentle tug will let you when they have rooted. Look how well you did with the aeschynanthus. Do these the same way. When growing in natural light, I find the nematanthus likes some sun for a couple of hours especially morning sun.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

That's exactly where I have it hanging Snowrose :)
Would you like some cuttings too?
Here is a picture of my beautiful babies from Snowrose earlier this season putting on their first little lipstick tubes. I LOVE this baby and she hangs in the window in the kids bathroom and seems to really like it in there :)

Thumbnail by kimskreations

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.