CLOSED: big cat

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

He's neat looking too! So many different looking kinds huh?!

Campobello, SC(Zone 7a)

oh, don't worry about that! I don't touch any of them! I finally touched the unknown cat only after I figured he was dead and that was to take him out and photograph him and then put him back...just in case!

here's the other luna (I think) who wasn't too happy about getting his picture taken...can you hear him hissing at me? both of them are all bundled up in a mixture of leaves and sticks and what looks like spider webbing now. I'd get pictures but don't want to disturb them.

Thumbnail by DevilDogs
Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

wow, Really green in the front! Hissinh??? LOL!! Yep, I guess it's best to leave the bundled babys alone.

Campobello, SC(Zone 7a)

yeah...I'm really excited about cat's this year especially after finding that first one! Your's looks really cool and great pictures. My unknown one did not look anything like that. He just kind of sucked all into himself like a slinky. Makes me wonder now if he was dying at that point? But he was alive for at least 3 days after that cause he crawled up the size of the enclosure and then I think died while on the side.
Now I'm worried cause if the other two are Luna's, they will be big and they are just buried under a bunch of leaves. I'm worried they will damage their wings when they finally hatch and try to come out. I'm wondering if I should remove all the extra leaves at this point but worried I'll disturb them if I do.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Yours might have had the start of the parasitc warps lava and that might be what happened to him, Or maybe it's just one of the ways your particular one changes, Mine didn't move for quite sometime, But then he shrank and changed. I wouldn't move your other ones untill you googled some info and see if thats what they do before they change,,,Thats what I'm going to do with mine, I'm going to search for some info because I read somewhere along the line that these particular ones like to go under the dirt to change, I've had one that did and one that didn't so I want to try and find out what they are really suppose to do. We will have to see how both of ours make out later on.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

I'm thinking that this is what mine are going to be ...Pink spotted hawk moth, But not sure...

Thumbnail by IRIS
Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

#2..

Thumbnail by IRIS
Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

#3..

Thumbnail by IRIS
Campobello, SC(Zone 7a)

OMG! That is sooooo weird! Check out the visitor I just had the other night that I was trying to identify!!!

Thumbnail by DevilDogs
Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Yours is the same ... A pink spotted hawk moth ...nice photo, They love the moon flowers! So neat, We both got the same! LOL!

This message was edited Sep 28, 2007 10:14 PM

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Great pic's!

DD, sorry about your doorstop (paper weight?)....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.