Critter - here are the plants in question...

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Here is the ??? w/the nice scent - IMHO

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Here are those balls on a stick I was talking about at the McD's

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I like these that were growing beside it too....wondering what they are and if hummers or butterflies would be attracted to them...here's the red

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

And yes, if you were wondering, I was getting odd looks from folks...came very close to pointing my camera at these 2 sitting in a car watching me the entire time
Here's the oranger bloom...this was a "drive-by" photo so not so great.

Thumbnail by Chantell
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Top one is the ornamental Oregano?

You sure the "balls on a stick" is not the seedpod to the flower itself?? (which I have no idea what is - Daisy of some sort?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I know they look alike huh? Hey..ya wanna meet at that McD's tomorrow night at around 11PM? I'll bring a flash light, scissors, and baggies for the seed heads. After that we can hit the Olive Garden for rocks.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Uhu - I have plenty of cash in the bank to bail your behind out of jail too!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I think your ball on a stick is helenium "Autumn Lollipop." http://www.djroger.com/autumn_lollipop_helenium.htm

The lower photos sure look like zinnias to me.

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hey Chantell, the first one is the one I gave to you. It's a Vick's Plant or Mentholatum Plant
(Plectranthus cylindraceus) - http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2669/ I think some also call it ornamental oregano, but I originally bought it as a Vick's Plant.
Bobbie

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Bobbie - thank you!!! That's what Jill thought....for the life of me, I couldn't remember what is was....I kept thinking cough drop for some reason...LOL

Now, now Becky...does that mean you won't be accompaning me?

This message was edited Sep 11, 2007 9:00 AM

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Of course I'll accompany you - to bail you out of jail!!!!! :-) Gawd - can you see the headlines - "rabid woman arrested in front of McDonalds, upon further investigation her whole trunk was filled with rocks"

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.