DC Green Festival, October 6th and 7th

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi, I just posted details about this on the Sustainables Forum, but will copy it here as well for all of you "locals"

****************************************************************************************************************************

I just received my copy of the Washington Gardener magazine. On the back cover is an advertisement for a "Green Festival" in Washington, DC on October 6th and 7th, 2007. The description includes "Sustainable Economy, Ecological Balance, and Social Justice." Future dates include festivals in San Francisco, Seattle, and Chicago.

"Welcome to Green Festivals 2007-2008

At the Green Festivals, we're celebrating what's working in our communities, for people, for businesses and for the environment. Here, green means safe, healthy communities and strong, local economies. Green is the color of hope, of social and economic justice, of ecological balance.

Join us for these huge parties with a purpose. You'll enjoy more than 200 visionary speakers and 400 green businesses in each city, great how-to workshops, green films, yoga and movement classes, green careers sessions, organic beer and wine, delicious organic cuisine and live music."

You can read more here: http://greenfestivals.org/

Thumbnail by wrightie
Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

They had me at "organic wine."

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks for posting Wrightie.

I went last year and it was blast! It is bound to be even better this year. I am going either Saturday late afternoon into the evening or Sunday. If anyone is going to be there I would love to meet!

-Kim

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi Bluekat. I'm going to play it by ear until the date gets closer, then I'll get back with you about meeting. I think that I have another engagement that weekend and need to confirm.

Was there anything(s) in particular about last year's event that stood out and that you would recommend?

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm not sure I will have time (most likely not), but I'd definitely like to go.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

~Bump~

Anyone planning on going to this?

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

I am going on Sunday - you?
-Kim

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm going to try - my dad is here visiting, plus I'm still recuperating from double foot surgery, so that might be more walking and standing than I'm ready for. Ugh. I really want to go. I'll post here as I know more.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.