An all blue Walking Iris bloomed!

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Cypella coelestis opened today. I got it from CA in mid winter and almost lost it or maybe it was dormancy. Anyway it bloomed one bloom for one day.

Thumbnail by boojum

It's easily 2' tall in it's small pot.

Thumbnail by boojum

I'm hoping I get a second bud.
Here is my regular walking iris-neomarica-this early April. This gets second buds.

Thumbnail by boojum
Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

its beautiful..

Thanks, never too many kinds of irises!

I did get a second bloom today. here it is.

Thumbnail by boojum
Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

Wow!
I've never seen a flower like that before. This is my first day here, and I can tell I'm in trouble. Biiiiig trouble. Oh dear, I wonder if there's still time to escape.......

Oh dear.

Margo

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Welcome Catmad! You will be in good company! LOL

Louisville, KY

WOWZER that flower is insanely beautiful! it looks like the whole ocean. Catmad: that one photo could hook one into this forum with no hope of escape, and keep the rest of us captive huh? but why would you want to escape? folks here are killin' me with kindness so far. and the pictures of the gardens & individual flowers are awe inspiring. Welcome to heaven.

Exzacly, you are finally among peers.

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

It's too late. I'm in too deep. And I have too much "lawn" to replace with nice things. Sadly, it seems the people I bought my home from decide they needed to destroy old flower beds and add grass. I am getting a stray Iris here and there, and a Glad popped up in the middle this spring. Wish they'd just left it all alone.....
Oh well, I'll fix that:)
And yes, everyone here is being so welcoming that I think I'll just wander around and read for a while, before I head for the garden.
Margo

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

I planted several walking irises in a pot, and overwinter indoors. They haven't yet bloomed for me. Does anyone know more about them? I know that they are not hardy here in zone 4.
Sharon

Yeah, they are Brazilian and don't like the cold. They can get really big with cascading "walkers". They bloom early spring in my house (late March) which really cheers me up!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.