Where's your favorite nursery?

Kennedy, NY(Zone 4a)

Hi. Thought this might be a fun idea, because some people are so particular about which nursery they go to!

Luckily for me, my favorite nursery is 1/4 mile down the road from me. It is called Robert's Nursery in Kennedy, NY. It's fun because me and my daughter take her little red wagon, walk up the road, and come back with a wagonful of plants! We all know each other by name when we visit, and they usually give Beth a pack of seeds to plant when we get home. They are great people, and it's a fun place to go!

[ Removed by member request. - Admin ]

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

My close-distance favorite nursery is Creek Edge in Bensalem. They always have great quality plants at good prices, wide selections and surprise bargains (in other words, I end up spending more money!). They mostly do perennials, annuals, hanging baskets and shrubs. Other favorites are Waterloo Gardens, Casey Farm & Nursery and Feeney's (mucho $$-good for browsing/ideas/hard-to-get items). My end-of-the-season favorite is Home Depot, where I hope to rescue broken-potted bargains at clearance prices. I think Burpee has a nursery or maybe a store now in NJ that I have to check out. I pass it on the road but if you've ever driven in NJ, you can't slow down enough to find the entrance loop..these people drive like there's no tomorrow!
Trish

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

Now Dicentra, I am one of those NJ drivers so be careful!(HA-HA)!!! Sometimes I would hve to agree with you though but things got just a bit better sice they removed those goofy circles that were every where in camden county. Anyway Burpee did open up a store in the Marlton area. I have not been up there yet so if you get over there let me know...GO FLYERS.......

Kennedy, NY(Zone 4a)

uh oh... a Flyers fan in my forum thread???? EEEEEEKKKK!!! My Sabres blood is boiling... :)

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

Sorry Nepthys, did not mean to get that blood a boiling. Just a big hockey fan and like my orange and black.. By the way and to get back to the subject there is a great little garden place down here at the jersey shore called Garden green House. It is between Sea Ise City and Avalon.I buy alot of plants and pond supplies there... Just across the the street is CapeMay Wicker..During the summer when all the tourists are here it is a hoppin place!!! So did all this babble get you to forget about Hockey???? sue

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Hey Ruby,
I have to agree about those dumb circles..lol. Still, I'll never keep up with those Jersey drivers-he he. Oh, I love that Cape May wicker place..been there many times! The Marlton Burpee place is the one I pass on the way to the Tabernacle horse auction. I'll have to search out that Garden greenhouse, too. One thing is certain...New Jersey is the Garden State and there are many neat farms, produce and ag places abounding there :)
Trish

Richmond Hill, GA(Zone 8b)

My favorite place is Hester & Zipperer feed and seed store in Savannah, Georgia. As well as having a great selection of seeds, they have an incredible nursery. If I'm ever down in the dumps from S-T-R-E-S-S, I go there to cheer myself up....and spend LOTS of money. ROFL

Pete2

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I love Chatooga Gardens in Cashiers, NC It seems every time I find an exciting new species I want to try and order, I find it later there. I could have saved some money and the stress on the plants by going there in the first place. This year, I will. Cashiers is about 50 miles southwest from Asheville, NC but about 1500 feet higher so it is in zone 6. It is about 3 hours north of Atlanta.
Another one I like is Fry Nursery in Pisgah Forest, NC. Fry originally specialized in day lillies but they are very diverse now and I love their selection of shade plants. Pisgah Forest is about 25 miles southwest from Asheville, near Brevard, NC. They have very new plant species too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.