September's Daily Weather, a welcome cooling.

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Sidney - I can't wait!!

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Thanks it's so nice to be online again :-)

Boy did it get cold fast yesterday. It wasn't breezy at all - just plain windy and the temps dropped to 40 in the afternoon. There was actually a mild freeze last night !! No damage but it was sooooooo coooooooold this morning! 37°F!! The bright side is that it's sunny and fairly calm for a change - now at 11 am it's 44°F - we won't get into the 50's today for sure. It's amazing what a big difference there is between 40 and 50°F ...... 50's cool but 40's is just plain COLD!!!

Kiska - no I'm so not ready for winter yet - We had to get out the heavy coats and snow boots this morning! I need to buy the girls new boots - their feet have grown this summer ;-) The currants are looking good - I've made jelly already (both red and black) ;-)

Beautiful photos everyone!

Since it's finally above 40 I'm headed outside to do some fall chores ...... the grass needs to be mowed one last time and I need to get the roses and rhodies measured for their winter shelters. I need to buy stakes and burlap in time. Last year I was too late and the ground froze before I got all the stakes in - my rhodies took a real beating so I need to get them wrapped up this time.

Hope you have a great day!

rannveig

edited for spelling ;-)

This message was edited Sep 14, 2007 7:05 PM

Thumbnail by rannveig
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Mornin' Everybody! Rain is in the forecast for the day! Fall temps are all around & the leaves are turning color, but since we have (& are in) drought conditions most of the leaves will simply fall off. So I guess I should take some pics of what color that we will have.

Great Pics Everybody!

Kelli, the leaves on the Valley Oak resembles Holly leaves!
Sharon, Your Brug is gonna be a beauty! :D And those are some Omenous skies! :-O Never a dull moment w/DH in the picture, huh?
Marylyn, Glad the worst of Humberto missed ya!
Kiska, Those currents look yummy & I'd say that you will be canning much jelly! Glad the moose only eat the leaves! :D When will the cranes leave? At 1st snow or just before?
Adina, your house certainly is shaping up! ~ The wall...a 100 foot retaining wall that my deck butts up against has been over-run by Honeysuckle this year, so I've been cleaning it up.
E_B, your garden thuroughly amazes me....keep e'm coming! How is the team doing? The weather is getting better for games, more comfortable for the "yung-uns" to play.

The test...not so good. But I did better that I had thought. But Garrett...not so good. I think we will both need to study alot more! (ugh)

The answer to the trivia is....D
A back-door cold front is a cold front that moves south or southwest along the Atlantic seaboard of the US.

Have a Great Day!
Joey
(a sitting bench at the river)

Thumbnail by music2keep
Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

MySharona, You know weather geeks don't sleep when there's a big storm a'brewing near land! LOL

We actually got a hard rain Tuesday, followed by a light rain Wednesday. The first we've seen here in weeks although it's rained north and south of us almost every day. We have a strange weather pattern here in Fort Pierce.

The yard had turned to dusty weeds, but true to Florida this morning evey thing is green!

Just trying to hold on until the heat of September is past.....then my container tomatoes get planted.....happy days are here again!!!
Pati

(Zone 3b)

nearly 8am; 41*, mostly cloudy; sun's trying to come through for us one more time:)) Highs to the 50's.
Music2Keep~~sorry the test didn't go as well as you'd hoped, but in my book, a passing grade, is a good grade,
The bench along the river looks so inviting - how close is it to the river?
The cranes should be leaving any day now; there's snow again on Pioneer Peak this morning, and they've got a ways to go.
Rann - hope you get the roses well wrapped and ready for winter; sounds as if time is getting short.
MySharona - the butterfly certainly found a great hiding place and blends in well w/surroundings. The buds are huge; can't wait, either.
pattischell ~~do you plant the container tomatoes indoors? Glad the weather brought back green grass..
Apples ready today...we'll get about 10 lbs.
They are too sour to eat "out of hand", but cook up well with sugar/sweetener of some kind.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Pepper: I'm with you on the 90's Ugh! We have mid 80s this week, but same thing next - hot again. Summers last truly hot gasp, I hope.
Sharon: I think that pretty b-fly is a "Cloudless Sulpher".
Rann:

Quoting:
Since it's finally above 40 ..
OMG! I can't imagine that at this time of year. Our Sept is usually our best month for me - highs in 80s. Perfect. :) Sorry you're already having to wrap things up.
Joey: Agreed. That bench does look like a nice place to flop.
Kiska: Do you make pies with the apples?

We got another 1.5" downpour last night. :)

Mix of sun and clouds. 60% chance of late afternoon storms. Humid. High 83. Low 71.

Deb

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Raining, but i am not complaining. 69°(F)

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Thanks,guys! It's been so sunny and pleasant today! A few clouds,but still sunny !
Sharon,wow,what black clouds !Was it bad?

Kiska, the moose is so cute!Currants,apples...you have work to do ,girl !I love making jelly too...love to eat it also !LOL

Joey,the bench is so inviting !

E_B, so beautiful flowers !Can you show us your area?

Deb, glad you had some rain !

Rann, the picture is great ! Is vinca blooming again now?Ours are blooming only in late spring !

Dyson,praying for your health and quick healing ! How are you feeling today ?
The house is going to be ready in November,or so they are saying !I'll keep you posted !They were measuring the windows !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Other wild flowersat our house!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Sunset in Italy,from my DD's window!

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Hi all I just love all your pictures.
The heat here pretty much zaps me and you know if I'm too pooped to log on, I'm really tired.
However it this 'Pea Soup' weather can't last forever.
Maybe we'll get some relief next week.
Hugs to all.
Here's a new thread! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/771199/
COME ON OVER!
;)

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

A lot of interesting pictures. Kiska, what are currants like? Are they sweet or sour?

Sharon, the coast live oak acorns are yellow because they aren't ripe yet. They'll eventually turn brown like any other acorn. I have a few valley oak acorns in the box with my Thanksgiving decorations.

Not super hot today, but probably hotter than it was for the rest of you. We'll probably get some rain in about a month to six weeks. I don't know how anything survives.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.