September's Daily Weather, a welcome cooling.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Welcome friends,
Please stop by often with your pictures and daily weather.
So glad to have a new job where I don't have to leave home.
76.6 °F / 24.8 °C
Clear
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 77 °F / 25 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 29.85 in / 1010.7 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 76 °F / 25 °C
Hope the temperature and humidity dive a bit!
This is not my picture!!! I just loved this shot that arrived with some of God's Artwork in my e-mail this week
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Dark, 69°(F)

Thunder started at 1052 rain followed at 1054, stopped raining at 1157 followed by more thunder, sounded like we got good moisture.

Reporting Station: KROA
Relative Humidity: 84%
Wind: 90° (E) at 3mph
Gusts: 0mph
Pressure: 30.12in
Yesterday's Precip: in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 68°F
Yesterday's High Temp: 91°F
Dew Point: 67°
Visibility: 8mi
Ceiling: 3600ft
Heat Index: 72°
Wind Chill: 72°
6hr Precip: 0.03in
6hr Low Temp: 70°F
6hr High Temp: 77°F

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Marylyn – I hope you had a great date night!
Joey – I’m going with Wichita – my DB used to live there.
Kelli – That’s awfully hot. Does it get like that every year?
Adina – Beautiful pictures! I would love to visit that area one day.
Deb – I’m in love with Golden Showers!
Sidney – Great start picture – it’s beautiful! Were you at JEA when they collapsed one of the boilers?
Dyson – It’s dark here too!

74.8 °F / 23.8 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 73 °F / 23 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 29.91 in / 1012.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 73 °F / 23 °C
Visibility: 8.0 miles / 12.9 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 4000 ft / 1219 m
Scattered Clouds 12000 ft / 3657 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m

Today
Partly cloudy in the morning. Showers likely and isolated thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent.

I hope y'all have a great Labor Day weekend. We've got company in town. I really don't like this guy, but he's DH's best friend and they've known each other all their lives. So I have to "deal" with him all weekend. :(

We had this storm that started rolling in around 4:30. I drove to the marina and the beach after work to take some pictures.

At the Marina on the West side of the island

This message was edited Sep 1, 2007 6:20 AM

Thumbnail by MySharona

Heading heading East to the beach

Thumbnail by MySharona

At the beach

Thumbnail by MySharona

Rain on the South end

Thumbnail by MySharona

Joey - More sea oats!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Turning back to the West. I live about 2 minutes from here.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We have a Glorious 61° and Sunny morning here!
Looking at 83°.............

The rest of the week will build in heat to the mid 90's again
Night temps will be in the upper 50's so it won't be bad at all.
Need rain badly though......................

Yesterday we hiked around looking at some of the native springs.
It's always better to have a clear mental picture of what you're building.
We decided on this look, found near here.... a little jumbled and nicely flowing....
sweet sound too...

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! It's 70* A high pressure currently over Illinois will continue to pump in cooler and drier air thru tonight and tomorrow. Tonight we're to have partly cloudy skies and lows in the low 60s.

Thanks Sidney, That is a marvelous pic (even if it isn't yours) & so nice for someone to send it to you! :D Congrats on the new job & I know you're tickled that you can work right at home! :D
Sharon, Thanks for the sea oats...Great rain! :D
Ric, That is a really good temp for that time of the mornin'! And I like the idea that you have, it will look great! Please let us see when the project is doin! (or even in the middle;)
Adina, Love those shots shots! :D WOW! And you have a beautiful family.
Kelli, I hope that your temp has cooled down today! That is Way! too hot! Beautiful plant!
Marylyn, I guess when you have lived here all your life (except for 3 years) you understand these things about the river...most of the folks who drown are out of state or folks that don't live near it.

the answer to the trivia is...
Wichita, Kansas is located in the heart of Tornado Alley, and thunderstorm outbreaks are taken very seriously. Of course, Albuquerque, Phoenix, and Las Vegas are not in Tornado Alley, and are located in areas where mountains abound.

Have a Great Week End! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

The temps are niiiiiice here. 60s in the morning and low 80s in the afternoons. Fall is on the way!!

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

75°F
Rain
Wind: E at 8 mph
Humidity: 94%
Been raining all morning so far. :) Froggy says we're up to 4" in the past 7 days. Ahhhh. My dogs are not happy, though. They want to go walkies.
Sharon: You got a nice storm!
Ric: Can't wait to see your version of that little stream.
Joey: Our Canada geese seem to have all migrated out of here. I like your pic of them.

Rain has brought alot of these fellows up.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Interesting pictures, Adina. It looks nice and not hot there.

Joey, your river looks nice and cool but those slippery rocks would keep me from wading out too far.

Sharon, yes, it gets hot like this every year and usually more than once a year, but it is usually without the humidity. I haven't watched the local news, but I suspect that some Arizona "monsoon" moisture is leaking over here. (BTW, why do you turn off the computer when there is a storm coming? Doesn't the surge protector protect against such things? Maybe that is a stupid question, but we don't get thunderstorms, and when I lived in PA, we didn't have a computer.)

The weather is supposed to be much like yesterday. I check in later and let you know how hot it got.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Sidney, that's a beautiful picture ,I love it too !

Dyson, dark here too and raining since yesterday, whohoo !It's almost chilly and so good, 77at noon and 55 in the morning !

Ric,beautiful spring !

Deb,I love your pictures !

Joey,nice geese !

Kelli,beautiful passion flower,love the color !

Sharon, wow,these storms look more and more scary !We had a few when we were on vacation.This one is in Sunny Beach, Bulgaria.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

It was raining on the hills,far away !

Thumbnail by adinamiti

We ran to the hotel and managed to stay on a terrace where from I took the pictures of the storm coming closer and closer.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The sky was all black...

Thumbnail by adinamiti

...and dark outside !

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Adina: Oh my! That sky really is black! Great pictures.

Still raining, and not even up to 80. Nice.
Deb

Interesting storm pictures, Adina.

Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on September 01, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
107 °F / 42 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 21%
Dew Point: 59 °F / 15 °C
Wind: 7 mph / 11 km/h / 3.1 m/s from the SSE
Pressure: 29.71 in / 1006 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 108 °F / 42 °C

If a fire starts this weekend, it will go like, well, like wildfire.

We don't have a good view of the San Gabriel Mountains from our house, so this cauliflower cloud must be really big that I can see it from here. Clouds like this tend to mean that it is raining in the mountains or desert. (I love that big pine tree.)

Thumbnail by Kelli
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Kelli: Looks like your humidity is at least coming back down a bit nearer normal?

My Gus, moping because he can't go play in the rain. :)
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

The humidity is not high, but it is higher than it would usually be at that temperature. Usually when it is that hot, the humidity is about 7%.

I was looking at a Pismo Beach web site and it is 66F up there. The hottest it has been all year is 88.6F. The water temperature is around 57F. Meanwhile, our pond is 88F.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

75°(F), overcast, and darkening.

This morning I was allowed , by my DW, to sit out at the picnic table for a short while in the cool, dampness of early morning. It was so good to simply be out of the house for a few moments.

Until later -

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Rann, marvelous storm pictures. For a minute I thought I was looking at a bunch of people standing out in the storm dressed in white monk's robes. LOL also thrilled at the vacation pics, seeing places I'll never visit.

Dyson, great that you got to sit outside in the cool, even if only for a moment or two. Hoping your freedom of movement continues to increase. Here's a peach to go with your cottage cheese for breakfast. 'giggle'

Deb, the mushroom is darling, looks so perfect. And gus speaks body language really well.

Sidney, great pic and even greater news... you get to stay home AND work. terrific!!

Ric, love the water works in progress and great choice of falling water.

Before I lose connect here's the data:
Low: 66
High 99
Hum 09%

Here's shot of only decent appearing garden in yard.

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well it's 73° w/ a 44% Humidity so it feels lovely out there.
Going down to 55° tonight..... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH..............
Tomorrow we're looking at 90° but NE winds so low Humidity.....
Monday morning we will be near 50°
The cool night temps have really helped everything...

Now a little apology is in order from me on the 'Spring' Photo above .....
I was kind of testing the waters... ;-)
That actually IS our new water feature..... Sorry!
I wanted an unbiased opion on how it looked.... judging from the responses I'd say we succeded in getting the 'Natural' look......

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Ric: You're a sly one! It looks great. Can't wait to see the finished product.

It looks good to me.

This happened out in the desert miles and miles from here, but it is interesting. Remember those big cauliflower clouds? (Lake Los Angeles is just a name. I don't think there's a much as even a pond there.)

09/01/2007 0445 PM

2 miles SSW of Lake Los Angeles, Los Angeles County.

Flash flood, reported by trained spotter.

Flash flooding up to 1 ft deep along Palmdale Blvd.
Around Ave J.

09/01/2007 0420 PM

8 miles se of Lancaster, Los Angeles County.

Tornado, reported by airplane pilot.

Weak tornado on the ground.

09/01/2007 0450 PM

3 miles N of Lancaster, Los Angeles County.

Tornado, reported by trained spotter.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Wow, tornado report near LA that's unusual... right?
And you said that cloud was raining down somewheres.

Ric, I wondered that you'd found a brooklet nearby so easily.
Tricky one aren't you.... and great water feature builder.
~~Blooms

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Mornin' all! Ric! you are the sly one for sure! You have a really good eye for that kind of thing...Looks great & really am looking forward to seeing it when finished! :D

The temp this mornin' is 62* & it's like Ric says...Ahhhhhhhhhh! ~ Temperatures will rise from 61 to 67 by late this morning and will remain around 70 with today's high of 73 occurring around 5:00pm. Winds will be 5 MPH from the south turning from the southeast as the afternoon progresses.

Thanks Kelli, I saw the tornado pics on the TV this morning! I hope the temps go down for you soon! Please take care. btw, the geese were out in the middle of the river - I did the "zoom' thing. Those rocks Are slick. Your flower is Beautiful!
Thanks, Adina. Those are some pretty impressive clouds! & pics! :D
Thanks Deb, Glad that you're getting the rain, but sorry that the pups can't go out & play in it.
Dyson, did you get to sit outside this morning? Hope you had a sweat shirt if you did! :D

Todays trivia is...
This is one of the river port cities east of the Rocky Mountains, and its location beckons the influence of cool/cold Canadian air masses and moisture from both the Gulf of Mexico and the Great Lakes.
a) Cleveland, OH
b) St. Louis MO
c) Memphis, TN
d) Cincinnati, OH

Good day...
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

74°(F), bright, sunny.

Sis brought her "clan" up from the coast this weekend & is visiting w/ mom. She came by here yesterday and brought me some soft shelled crab.

Reporting Station: KROA
Relative Humidity: 63%
Wind: 0° (N) at 0mph
Gusts: 0mph
Pressure: 30.33in
Yesterday's Precip: in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 63°F
Yesterday's High Temp: 81°F
Dew Point: 57°
Visibility: 10mi
Ceiling: Unlimited
Heat Index: 70°
Wind Chill: 70°
6hr Precip: in
6hr Low Temp: 61°F
6hr High Temp: 64°F

(Zone 5a)

Good afternoon!

Great photos everyone!

Adina - love your holiday photos - and those storm pics are really something :-)

Deb- the photo of Gus is wonderful - good enought to frame I'd think ;-)

Sidney - congratulations on getting a job near home :-)

It was windy and rainy yesterday - really nasty weather, but today is nicer although mostly cloudy. We saw a bit of sunshine this morning but now it's clouded up again. I think it's supposed to be windy and rainy again tomorrw :-( Yuk! Current temperature is 57°F and there is a light breeze blowing.

I took this photo yesterday through the kitchen window.

Thumbnail by rannveig

Blooms, you're right. We don't get tornadoes very often, and those that I recall all happened during the winter.

It's going to be another hot one. It's already hot at 9AM. Under "normal" conditions, I don't usually need to turn the air condtioner on before 1PM, but I feel like I need to turn it on now. It's a good day to stay inside and watch baseball and work on my scrapbook 'n' stuff.

Updated: 8:51 AM PDT on September 02, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
86 °F / 30 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 46%
Dew Point: 63 °F / 17 °C
Wind: 5 mph / 7 km/h / 2.1 m/s from the WSW

I'll say A for the trivia question. I don't think of Cleveland as a river port, but it does have a river.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I have to be loyal to my homestate and say B. :~)

Weather is still nice here. Not as nice as it has been but not in the 90s yet. Will be later in the week then drop back down to the 80s again. Right now the sun is out and the trees are enjoying the breeze.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Kelli: You are sure having some odd weather out there!
Joey: 62! Oooh! So nice. It was 70 on my back porch this morning - felt very good. Your 62 would've felt absolutely frigid! No idea on the trivia, I'll guess St. Louis.
Rann: Thanks. Gus is a cooperative model. :) Hope you get a little more 'summer' before autumn set in.

Very gray morning, but the croton was glowing.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

Thanks,guys ! We had more rain while we were in Italy,but I'll post a few sunny pics now,just to cheer up those who are having storms and rain these days.
On our way up to the Sacred Mountain,the weather was cloudyb and it was chilly,but when we arrived at the top and then, when climbing down,the sun came out and the pics were more beautiful.So,I'll show you the pics with the churches we saw when climbing down.
First, at the top of the mountain, near the last church, dedicated to the Virgin,it was a statue of Pope John Paul II.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The cross in front of the church.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The fountain.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The clock from the church.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

A cone tree over the view.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm guessing D, Joey. :-)

It's 85° and cloudy here. Thunderstorms are wandering in and out of the area, so we're having a quiet afternoon in the house.

This message was edited Sep 2, 2007 3:53 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.