Houseplant Swap-September : ))

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

****Signups begin today for September Houseplant Swap******

Please Join Us : ))

I will leave signups open until the Sunday the 9th of September.Then I will match up players on Monday the 10th.Boxes should be sent out the week of the 17th so all can receive theirs before the end of the month.That way we can maybe have enough time for an October swap yet??.How does this sound? Hopefully there will be enough interest to make this fun.

Please sign up here and d-mail me your address along with a few of your wants and haves.

*************************************NOTE********************************************
*If you participated last month and nothing has changed for your haves wants no need to dmail me..just post here on the thread you want to join..I saved all info from last months swappers..lol*
****************************************************************************************
I will try and match people up with someone who has at least one of their wants but please understand this isn't always possible.Hey if you are like me,any plant that we can grow inside is well appreciated right?.Rules are pretty straightforward.You must send at least 4 houseplant cuttings/rooted cuttings and/or plants to your pal.Feel free to send more if you would like but the minimum is 4.Post here when you send with confirmation number and also when you receive so your sender knows they have safely arrived : )

Also if you want..just like last month you may include a small houseplant care item in your package to your pal.This doesn't need to be anything big,just a little something having to do with houseplants(cute pot,pot hanger,whimsy,fertilizer packet, whatever you can think of).... you get the idea..just a little extra fun : ))
Nancy

*************************************************************************************
We Will Be Away For The Holiday Weekend So If You Sign Up Before I get Back Monday Evening.. Please Don't Take Offense That I am Not Here To Aknowledge You. Welcome Aboard In Advance..LOL..Thanks For Joining and Have a Safe Weekend Everyone : ))
***************************************************************************************

Irving, TX

Sign me up....

This message was edited Aug 31, 2007 3:21 PM

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

Sign me up please Thanks Susan

Mid, ID(Zone 3b)

I'm definitely in again!!

~Brenda

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh Yea!! Me, too!

(Zone 1)

I wanted to participate this month but have a lot going on so will wait until the October swap! Have fun everyone!

( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

Ok I can't wait 1 thing there is no one home to sign for package so I just need it sent without me signing for if if that is ok
Kim (Dimmer)

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

never done this but would like to try,i hope i have enough "houseplants" for this any ideas of what "house plants' would be hehehehe sorry for being stupid on this part but i am just getting into houseplants and would love to learn more thxs

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

sign me up also

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I'll join again this month! Same haves and wants! Thanks Lou

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

I will join again this month as well.. the same haves and wants for me as well :o)

Char

I am definitely in! :o) I think I'll be difficult, though, and make a new haves/wants list. :o)

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Welcome everyone!!! 11 signups so far..including me.: ) This should be another fun month : ))

Lin,Sorry you can't join us.You still have a few days to change your mind tho..lol..you know we would love to have you : )

Moretz,Your'e not being stupid : ) Actually.. I myself consider anything that can be grown in the house as a houseplant.: )

Kim (Dimmer) That should be no problem at all : )

Amy,Heavens ..you aren't being difficult..lol..go ahead and send me your new lists.: )

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I would like in please. Am new at this

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

jordankittyjo
i am too lol so maybe we can learn together
enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

moretz did you get your seeds were they ok

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

i think so lol i posted on the other forum that i did and thxs

(Cathy), MO

Count me in too!

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

Me too. will send list later today.
Thanks ,Cinda

Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

I'd like to join. Sounds like fun.

Thanks,

Joy

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Ok I you twisted my arm...LOL
Susan

Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

Just wanted to let you know that I'm working on my lists. I'll send them and my address as soon as I get them done. Should be tomorrow but no later than Saturday.

Thanks,

Joy

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Glad you all could join us.This is looking to be another really fun month..We are now up to 16 swappers this month with still a few more days to sign up.I will match up swappers this coming Monday ; )

Thanks for joining everyone ; ))

Marion, WI(Zone 4b)

Hello I would love to join too!!

Thanks!
Kim

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Welcome Kim : )

Susan,I knew I wouldn't need to twist your arm too hard..lol

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Add me.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Gotcha Makshi... Glad you could join us again : )

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

I am very excited about about September's swap..don't know why or what is so different with this one then the others i have been in the last couple years...
I seen some wonderful little mini's at walmart..dont know what kind they are but i have some and i love them..they don't stay mini's but they do bloom..which i could remember what they are dagnabbit anywho i love mine I got three of them all different flowers yesterday for my buddy. Maybe i will send a pic to cedarnest and see if she can identify them and put me with the right buddy

Char

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

OK Char..now you got me curious...lol....please dmail them to me...I have just got to see them ; )

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

You know me to well Nancy..LOL
Susan

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Count me in! I would love to join.
Charlene

p.s. Where do you find people's mailing addresses? I am obviously a newbie and haven't a clue.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Hi Charlene,all you need to do to join in is to d-mail me your address and a few of your houseplant haves and wants for swapping. To add your address to the DG address exchange go here

http://davesgarden.com/extras.php

scroll down until you see DG address exchange,click on that and you should be able to add your name and address.

For anyone who *DID NOT* swap last month and haven't sent me your info please do so before tomorrow to be included in this months swap.I want to try and get swapping partners posted tomorrow evening : ))

Thanks Everyone For Joining : ))
Nancy

This message was edited Sep 9, 2007 6:17 PM

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

charlene,
at the top of your dave's homepage there is a tab called "Extras" under communities click on that go down to the fifth line where it says DG address exchange, click on that and you will see it.

Glad to have your aboard our little family :o)

Char

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Thanks Char..that is the perfect explaination for how to get to and use the address exchange : )

Hometown, IL(Zone 5a)

Nancy,

I just got my new garden windows installed and the house is a wreck, so I'll have to sit this one out. I'm looking forward to Oct., if we're going to do one then! (I'll need new plants to help fill the empty spaces!) :D

Marsha.

(PS, when I'm done putting everything where it belongs, I'll post pictures of the new windows...I've been dreaming of getting these for 19 years; I can hardly believe they're finally in! M.)

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Marsha,I am so happy for you..must be like heaven ...looking forward to seeing your pics with your new windows.I think we should be able to squeeze another swap in for october before it gets too cold to ship : ))

OK everyone who joined for this month...Thank you all for signing up...I am working thisafternoon at matching swappers up for this month.I will try and get swappers posted on this thread tonight but as slow as I am moving ( must be because its monday)...lol.. it might be tomorrow morning before I get posted who you will all be sending too...

be back later....
Nancy

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

OK Everyone here is the list of swappers for september:

begoniadude sends to bluepoppy
makshi sends to moretz----RECEIVED
susan505 sends to Cat64129--RECEIVED
bmendel sends to raingazer--RECEIVED
joycet sends to susan505--RECEIVED
dimmer sends to begoniadude-RECEIVED
moretz sends to kimsgardenheave- RECEIVED
bluepoppy sends to susan51 ON THE WAY
dispatcher1 sends to gardengus RECEIVED
red_princess_71 sends to joycet-RECEIVED
raingazer sends to charlenesplants RECEIVED
jordankittyjo sends to dimmer-RECEIVED
Cat4129 sends to jordankittyjo--RECEIVED
gardengus sends to cedarnest--RECEIVED
joy sends to Dispatcher1--RECEIVED
susan51 sends to joy--RECEIVED
kimsgardenheave sends to red_princess_71-RECEIVED
charlenesplants sends to bmendel
cedarnest sends to makshi-RECEIVED

Boxes should be sent out the week of the 17th so all can receive theirs before the end of the month.Hope everyone has fun with this.

I will send each of you a dmail today with the address and wants list of who you will be sending to.Thank You All For Joining In On The Fun This Month : ))
Nancy

This message was edited Sep 25, 2007 9:24 PM

Mid, ID(Zone 3b)

I had been gathering a few things for the swap already and my husband wanted the dining room table at least partially cleared of plants :0) ....so I sent raingazers box off today.

Here's the delivery confirmation number for you Rain....

0103 8555 7490 3333 3028

~Brenda

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Brenda that sure was fast.

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Joy,
I wanted to know if you are good at rooting things? I have some of what you want but it is not rooted. I could/will take cuttings if you can root them?
Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.