A fun thing to do!

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

do a plant search in Plantfile and in the Cultivar space Type in your first name and see what plants come up that are named after you. LOL

I also did this by typing in garden themes such as Love, heart, friendship, or a royal garden, Knight, King, Queen.

You may get some inspiration to start a new garden bed, but be careful, this activity should come with an "Addiction to Gardening" warning

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

That's fun! You can probably get a whole daylily bed for your family, there seem to be so many names there.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh, Such a cute idea. I better just stick to using the names of some members. I might not want to add my name or my granddaughters. Holly and Lily the list would be huge.
I also very much like the theme idea. How inventive you are Chris.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Chris - I thought I'd be a smart butt and try it not thinking anything would come up. Yipeee, I even have an epi with the french spelling of my name. How cool is that?!!

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Chantell, That day lily is very pretty, looks like it might be hard to find. I even Googled it to see if I could find a place that had it for sale, didn't have any luck.

I guess you are a special rare flower. Ahhhhhhhhh

A whole garden of daylilies named after family member sound like a fun idea Sally.

And Holly are you saying it's hard to pick out just one.

Chris

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

DIL was here, sent her home with more plants either for their yard or to babysit for me. I showed her this thread and we came up for some great plants for the 3 of them although my GS is named for his father so we found some JR. plants too.
Angel's Trumpet, Angels Trumpet
Brugmansia 'Jamies Monkey Business'
Garden Phlox
Phlox paniculata 'Junior Dance'
Daylily
Hemerocallis 'Darling Deborah'

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

There's a Bingo game about to start in the AV forum. The twist this time is that everybody who is playing submits a name of an African Violet or other gesnariad to be included in the list of choices. (You pick 15 for your "card" from a list of 35 names, then calls are made each day, and the first person to have all 15 of their choices called yells Bingo.) We're having fun with that!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I had no idea I had 31 cultivars with Becky & 27 with Rebecca :-) From MG to AV to Daylillies and Hibiscus, even a bean! :-)

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That's a very cool idea, I'm afraid to try it though I don't need to be addicted to anything else on DG.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Critter (I think)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.