August Call List Page 2

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

yippee...........I have both today....................back to work

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

So how close are we coming to bingo?

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I only have 8 so far..............

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

What us going on? Is everyone asleep or what? I was up making tuna fish sandwiches at 5:30 am. Why you might ask well my DS wanted to take one to work and I was up early so I made it. Than I ate one myself for breakfast. I seldom have real breakfast food for breakfast.

You know something kind of nice happened to me. I had a lot of tomatoes and so I cut them up and started cooking added a lot of spices. My DS come home and asked what was cooking and I told him I hadn't quite made up my mind. He said let me taste it and when he did he said it was the best marinara sauce that he had had. Well that I guess is what it is than.

Don't make me go hide the next call on a diff. site all together. :)

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

LOL Send me some of that Sauce you great cook you!
BINGO BANGO BONGO SAUCEO!!!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Son might break my arm if I do. He has dibs on it for sauce over baked chicken. My Sister thinks I am crazy to make things when my health isn't the best. I think it gives me a feeling of accomplishment to make something good. I love to cook just don't do as much as I use to. Can't let the veggies go to waste. The neighbors can only eat so much.
I have to make something with cucumbers next. I made relish and pickles but want to see if there is anything else out there to make with them. How about cucumber bread?

Mid, ID(Zone 3b)

Makshi I went to a ladies house once and she was serving up ice cream sundaes with all kinds of toppings and there was this jar of red colored, cinnamon flavored chunks which I assumed was apples but it ended up being cucumbers!! They were sweet and cinnamon flavored and red! I don't know what she'd done with them but cucumbers on ice cream was beyond me! LOL

I've had more than my share of sandwiches and other strange things (one of my favorites being a spicy peanut Thai chicken, veggies and noodle thing!) for breakfast while making DHs lunches. He thinks I'm nuts but I get tired of the same ol' same ol' breakfast items!

We had two days of rain and we are no breathing clean, smoke free air for the first time in over a month! It's awesome!

~Brenda

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Brenda I know what you mean about the air. It does seem cleaner after the rain. Your breakfast sound good to me.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hi Makshi,
its time for quarterly updates and new IEPs for my students, so I lurk/look quickly and then back to work. It will let up some in another couple of weeks. My DG time, and bingo time are my quicky stress relievers.... I think you should publish directions for your ever-so-cool tin foil hat - I want one to wear to school to protect myself from the thoughts of evil administrators.....

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

all is ain't to hard. Just wrap a few layer in a circle to fit the head and roll some pieces and tape to the top. It really works so you should try it.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Makshi........................we don't have any calls today.......................just checking in for the day.............whatever are you doing, my dear friend????????? (LOL)

(Zone 1)

Any call today?

(Zone 1)

hee hee ... I see I'm not the only impatient one!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Adjust the antenna on your hat Makshi so you can pick up our signals..

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Well I told you to pay attention to me. I guess I got your attention so look up.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Well...I looked up but then had to look away because its not one I need! LOL

Way to go, makshi!! That takes me up to 10 on my card! You know, I have a special transmitter that specifically searches out aluminum foil antennas... Put your hat back on!! ;o)

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Look up again.

Rain would that be cheating?

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I don't have them anyway, but i can see why you want Ellie Gardener.............i do, too, Makshi..............................might have to do some looking around for her.............

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Makshi!! Twice I looked up now for nothing! LOL

Wow Rain you are up to 10? Great Job!!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I am sorry Nancy :(

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Don't be makshi..I am having a blast anyway : ))

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Gail the bloom shape is my very favorite. I just love the little blooms that look like roses.

I hope that some of the ones not posting haven't got lost.

Yes, makshi, that would be cheating... LOL seems to be broken, though, because I don't have that second one...going to go smack the transmitter with a stick...

I have my eye on a particular prize, Nancy. Sending out lots of ESP waves hoping for it... ;o)

Homosassa, FL(Zone 9a)

Well today has been so wonderfull
i got both calls today,But my hubby test came back with no cancer.his blood still not where they want it,but the works has started, so we are on cloud 9

ps i got 8

This message was edited Aug 22, 2007 4:54 PM

Oh Eunice, that is the best news you could give us!! I am so happy and so thankful for you both!! Big hugs to you! :o)

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Starfly that's great-I'm so happy for you!

(Zone 1)

Great News Eunice!! I know you and your hubby are so happy! It is always nice to get Good news from Doctor's!

Woo Hoo .... I am up to 10 also .... wanna race Raingazer?? But, you can't cheat! No Fair! I don't have that "special" transmitter instrument that searches out aluminum foil antenna's! Makshi, make her behave!

Naa NaaNaa Na NaaNaa - I got both of tonight's calls! Sure wish I owned both of those Beauties!

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I really, REALLY like the episcia 'Jim's Pink Star'! That has been on my wishlist for some time, and it's on my card!

I have 7 now...

Karen

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I only have 8 so far...............no calls today for me...............

I just talked to my oldest daughter who called to tell me that her 8 year old decided to give her hair to the 'Lots of Love' foundation for cancer patients...............now remember that she is going into the 3 rd grade.......................she didn't cry while the lady was cutting her hair, but when they got in the car, her mom asked her if she was feeling sad..................she bursts into tears and said, "Mom, I wanted to do it, but I am not pretty anymore"............when he mom assured that she was adorable with her new short hair cut.................my granddaughter replied, 'you have to say I am pretty ..............you are my MOM............you don't count'.................

she is happy tonight and keeps trying to decide how she is going to wear her new haircut..........hasn't put the brush down and tried every 'do' she can think of................

just had to share

Homosassa, FL(Zone 9a)

.now thats a very special young lady you got there gessiegail.
I bet you are beaming.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

No, I feel sorry for her................she didn't realize the magnitude of what she was committing to...........but her dad walked in from work (knowing that she had been upset) and said, "Cathleen, you are such a compassionate little girl...........does God just tell you how to be so nice to other children?"................and she just beamed with a "I don't know, daddy"
and she was happy with her decision to cut her long hair off for "locks of love".............

(Zone 1)

That is one very Sweet & Compassionate young lady there Miss Gail! There are not many 8-9 year old girls who would consider doing that! Locks of Love is a GREAT organization .... I wanted to donate my (WAY TOO LONG) hair a few years ago but was told they wouldn't take my hair. I thought maybe it was because I'm old and have old hair, LOL .... it's because I color my hair! No chemicals .... has to be natural color! I still have very long hair .... need a haircut badly but always seem to put it off. My hair grows sooo fast! Hubby likes it long so I keep it at least shoulder length. Of course in the heat of summer it's always in a pony tail or bun!

Tell your Beautiful Grandaughter that she has lots of folks admiring her giving spirit ... she has a great heart! You need to get a picture of her with her new "do" and post it.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I will ask her mom to send me one.............she is the child in my lap when i visited the kids at camp this summer.(remember last ween when we all posted new photos on the av forum)

El Paso, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm a little tired and heading off to bed, but had to pop on and say thanks to Makshi! I'm up to 10!! :o)

Mid, ID(Zone 3b)

I know you've told your granddaughter how proud of her you are Gail, but tell her all your friends at DG are too!! She is a really sweet thing to do that!

~Brenda

This message was edited Aug 23, 2007 8:36 AM

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Made me cry Gail! What a wonderful story...what a special child!

What a precious granddaughter you've got, Gail!! Please give her a hug for me, and tell her how proud we all are of her, just like Brenda said. I love the innocence in the heart of a child. Wish we could all stay that way forever. :o)

(Zone 1)

She must be a Truly Special Child to want to give a gift like that at her age. I agree with Amy ..... wish we could all stay that way forever, what a better world this would be. As we get older I guess Life gets in the way sometimes.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Starfly I am so happy about your news. It will get better from now on is my wish for you and hubby. Cancer is a very scarey thing.

Eunice your granddaughter is very kind.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.