Starting to grow a passi seed

Port Saint Lucie, FL(Zone 9b)

Okay, Here i go. I have a maliformis fruit that I opened last week. I have stored the seeds in its natural pulp in the fridge (I hear they germinate better wet than dried out) Either way. I am going to take them out of the pulp and start to soak them today. I think I am going to try half of them in passi juice and the other half in warm water. Should i keep the liquid over low heat? I thought I should do this for 2 days but I heard I could do it until I see it start to grow.

What should I do?

Flutter

Port Saint Lucie, FL(Zone 9b)

Come on gang, i know ya;ll know what you are doing. I have several successful germinations but want to be sure doing it the best way.

Flutter

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi Flutter,
The only experience I have is the 'edulis' I sent you. I just cleaned all the pulp off in a wire mesh strainer and water. If you put the seeds in the strainer and gently rub them against the wire, it will take most of the pulp off right away. take out the seeds and whatever pulp is left and put in a bowl of water. Clean the strainer of the pulp and put the seeds back and and repeat a couple times. By now, most of the pulp should be off and you can plant them directly. Mine germinated within 2-4 weeks.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.