Whats Blooming 8/8

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

Dragon's Breath has a pretty new bloom today (lousy picture though, sorry). Evil grasshoppers have been at my hibiscus - I think it's their favorite food - oh how I despise them!

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Molten Lava is taking advantage of our slight cooler day by sleeping in.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Rosalind has two super pretty blooms, but no climbing to get a close-up for me today - it's infusion day.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Cajun Blue has three pretty blooms - here's a close-up of one of the three.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Cinnamon Girl, always full of blooms, has four that look like this today.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

My favorite bloom today though is The Color Purple.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

This is a bloom from last night. It's my first bloom on this plant, and I really like it!

Here's Fireworks.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

And my last for today is another bloom from last night - the very first on Creme de Cacao. I've had this little one since last summer, so I'm really excited to see its first bloom.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Cat, I just love that Wild at Heart!

Robert, your Creole Darlin', Hoochie Coochie and Envie are super cool! I think my Creole Darlin is going to open tomorrow (hope, hope, hope), and I'm going to definitely have to get that Envie ;-) (like I need any more of the seven deadly sins, right??, lol)

karen

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Nice pictures, everyone. Not much new blooming here except for Cherry Appaloosa and it isn't what I expected. She is a slow grower too. Maybe the next blooms will be better. It's been really hot and humid.

Thumbnail by Brugie

Brugie, that picture is pretty! Were you expecting more red maybe? I've got a little one too, but it hasn't bloomed yet.

When it's really hot here, I notice my blooms mostly get either wilty or crispy around the edges...

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Yes, Karen, I was expecting it to be more red. The picture I looked at when I bought it was sure red and white. Liz had a great picture of one and her picture was also red. I hope it changes for me. We are getting a little break right now in the form of heavy rain. This will so help my plants all over the yard and now my grass will green up again. The heat isn't going to go away tho. Oh well....some good and some bad...

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Karen Your blooms are beautiful! Cinnamon Girl, Electric Blue and Soft Spot definitely catch my eye.I also like the Wild at Heart from Cat. As well as Cherry Appaloosa from Brugie which reminds me of a Tres Bon that I lost. Hey Amanda am just now getting into some or the hardy hibbies and will definitely have put those on the list. All beautiful blooms today.

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Karen -

Beautiful Voodoo Queen! And wow - the Color Purple is my favorite of the day, too! Breathtaking!

Robert - great! I'm learning how to get these seedpods so I'll pass them along to you, too. As soon as I get some!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Amanda, the more I look at those photos the more I think yours are tropicals. The hardies have a dull color to the leaves like this one. Different hardy hibs have different shaped leaves but they are all pretty grayish looking.

This message was edited Aug 7, 2007 8:05 PM

Thumbnail by ardesia
Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Well hummm ... no idea what I have then. Do you still want some seeds from it?

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

A few pics for me ...

Not sure if I'll be able to post the open blooms tomorrow due to all the humidity!! But here are some buds this evening ...

Starting with Rum Runner!

Thumbnail by AmandaTaylor7
Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

And the 16" fully mature Breeze ... not sure what the full name is but it's something Breeze ...

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

And lastly, a new Schizo bud ... opening tomorrow!

Cool pics, Amanda. Your Schizo bud looks like dripping paint :-) Very creative.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Here's 'Peggy Hendry' blooming today:

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

And 'Sunshowers' (or is it 'Sun Showers')? This is the 3rd day in a row it's been partially open and I've given up on it opening any farther before the flower gives up and dies, so figured I'd post it. (Our temps have barely hit 70 the last couple days, so I guess that's why it didn't want to open--didn't stop Peggy Hendry in my last post though!)

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

WOW - Sunshowers is NICE!!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Gosh, so many nice pictures. No wonder we want them all....they are so pretty.

That's right, Brugie! It's not our fault we want them all ;-)

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Robert, glad I could be of service. I love Wild at Heart...bought it from David.
Sunshowers and cherry appaloosa are beautiful.
I love the lady bug on Creme de Cocoa.

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

Amarantha where did you find your Creme de Cacao. I have never heard of it and would like to find one. It is a very pretty hibiscus. But all yours are beautiful.

I used neem on mine last night and transplanted about 9 of them this morning. They had been in the same pot for 3 years now, and decided it was time to give them some fresh soil.

Keep the pictures coming they are great.

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Blooming today, 8/8 ...

Belize Breeze

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Rum Runner, 4pm CST

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Schizopetalus

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Major Schizo closeup ...

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

My Schizo has 3 blooms today! Yay!!

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Unknown peach .. and it's over 100 degrees here today!

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Unknown peach closeup

Here is a collage of some of mine.

Thumbnail by 2pugdogs

The last six are repeats. Sorry about that.

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Ooooh nice!

Hey 2pugs, I like your collage! I purchased my Creme de Cacao from www.hiddenvalleyhibiscus.com I actually got mine last summer as a little teeny one, but I see that Charles has all sizes in this cultivar for sale now :-) I like the pink with the brown...

Amanda, your Schizo close up is cool :-)

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Great pictures. I love the collage. No pictures here. We have been having rain for about 24 hours with more to come tonight. It's been cloudy and cool at 77 degrees. No complaints. Keep those pictures coming. They are special.

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Twin Bridal Veils

Thumbnail by Pizonne01

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.